Easy pumpkin sheet cake with a rich caramel icing that will feed a crowd!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 recipe Caramel Frosting, follows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a jelly roll pan well (18 by 13 inch baking pan) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, salt, all spice, and ginger. Use a whisk to combine well and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add your sugar, oil, and eggs and beat until well combined and thick, about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and beat until combined, about a minute. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add in the flour mixture. Mix until the mixture just starts to come together (don’t over mix).
- Give the batter a stir with a rubber spatula to make sure it’s full combined and then add the batter to the prepared pan. Use the spatula to spread it out evenly in the pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes until the cake springs back lightly when touched and a toothpick instered into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cook before making the icing.
This recipes is from the America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book page 250.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cake recipe, easy pumpkin sheet cake, autumn cake, fall baking