Chicken with tomatoes and garlic pasta is a comforting, hearty, cozy meal that feels fancy but is secretly the easiest meal ever to throw together any night of the week!
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 28 ounces
- 1 can whole tomatoes, 14 ounces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon each fresh rosemary, thyme, basil, and parsley (or 1 teaspoon each dried herbs)
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces pasta
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Salt and pepper chicken thighs well.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter. When oil/butter is hot, add chicken thighs to the pan. Using tongs, brown on all sides, about 2 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- Pour in tomatoes with their juice and add tomato paste. Add salt and pepper to taste, stirring to combine. Bring sauce to a boil, then turn off heat.
- Add herbs and garlic and return the chicken to the pan.
- Put lid on the pot and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove pot from oven, and allow it to sit on the counter with the lid on while you boil the pasta.
- Cook the pasta to al dente. Drain and add to a large serving bowl.
- Remove lid and check sauce. If it’s overly thin, remove the chicken from the pot and boil the sauce on the stovetop for 5 to 10 minutes. Check seasonings and adjust as needed.
- To serve, pour sauce over cooked pasta, then arrange chicken pieces over the top. Sprinkle generously with fresh parmesan and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken and tomato pasta, easy pasta dinner, tomato pasta, chicken and tomatoes, chicken and garlic