This Easy Lentil Curry made with lentils, butternut squash and coconut milk is the perfect healthy plant-based dinner. A simple yet delicious family meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3–5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–5 teaspoons curry paste
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and cubed, about 3 cups cubed squash
- 1 carton So Delicious Coconut Milk (unsweetened), or two cartons So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos, plus more for serving
- Sea salt
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Heat a medium pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and onions.
- Cook the until the onions are translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring well, until the garlic is fragrant and the curry paste is well incorporated.
- Add the lentils, butternut squash, and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until the lentils are tender and the squash is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce or coconut aminos and additional sea salt to taste.
- Serve hot over rice or with flatbread and garnish with fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, and additional soy sauce or coconut aminos to taste.
See the tips and tricks section in the post for lots of notes on this recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: lentil curry, lentil curry recipe, easy curry recipe, best butternut squash recipe, how to make curry, best curry recipe, recipe with butternut squash, easy dinner idea, healthy dinner idea