This Honey Sesame Chicken recipe made in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite quick and easy chicken dinners that my whole family loves. We make it over and over again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes, about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2/3 cup fish sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds, optional garnish
- Chopped green onions, optional garnish
- Set the instant pot to the sauté mode.
- Working in batches, sauté the chicken in the instant pot with the cooking oil. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until chicken browns. You do not want the chicken to cook all the way through.
- Add in the honey, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high for 4 minutes. Once done cooking, do a quick release and carefully open the lid after all the pressure has released.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch together with the water.
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté mode again and add in the cornstarch mixture. Sauté until sauce thickens up, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and serve with sesame seeds and chopped green onions as a garnish. You can serve it with a side of cooked rice.
- Look for fish sauce near the soy sauce in your grocery store.
- This is a great dish to add sautéed vegetables too. We love it with cooked broccoli.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey sesame chicken, honey sesame chicken recipe. how to make honey sesame chicken, instant pot recipe, instant pot honey sesame chicken, instant pot honey chicken, instant pot sesame chicken