- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup hulled hemp seeds (hemp seed hearts)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a medium bowl beat together the pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and melted butter. Add the eggs and beat well to combine. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, oats, hemp seed hearts, baking powder, soda, and salt and mix well to combine. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes. Use a 1 tablespoon scoop to scoop out balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops with additional hemp seed hearts or add 5-6 chocolate chips (gentle press them into the dough before baking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove for the oven and allow to rest on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before placing the cookies on a cooling wrack.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I highly recommend adding a few dark chocolate chips. It really makes them feel like “cookies”.