These Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs are the cutest snacks ever! Perfect for Halloween parties or just enjoying with the family, these festive snacks (reminiscent of pigs in a blanket) only take 3 ingredients and a few minutes to make!
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package hot dogs
- Ketchup or mustard for dipping and to make “eyes”
- Pop open the tube of crescent rolls, and separate them into the triangles that they come in.
- Use a sharp knife to cute the triangle into 3 long pieces.
- Cut a 2-inch piece of dough off of one of your strips, and wrap it around the top of one hot dog for the mummy’s head wrap.
- Use the remaining strips to lightly wrap your hot dog in the roll dough, leaving a space below the head wrap for the face. I use LESS than a full crescent roll for each hot dog. It’s easier to see the “wrapping” if you don’t put on too much dough.
- Place wrapped hot dog on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining hot dogs and rolls until you have made as many as you need.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 12 minutes, or until the the roll dough is golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven, and let the mummies cool for a few minutes.
- Squirt a little ketchup or mustard on a plate, and use the tip of a knife to place a little mustard or ketchup on the “face” as eyes.
- Serve warm with additional ketchup and mustard for dipping.
- Don’t feel like you need to use one cresent roll per hot dog. I always end up using less than a whole one for a better looking mummy. If I have extra crescent roll dough I just roll them up and bake them along side the hot dogs.
- Those cute little candy eyes would be really cute on these.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pigs in a blanket, mummy hot dogs, halloween dinner idea, crescent roll hot dog mummies, halloween hot dogs, halloween party food, halloween recipes