These Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes are so soft and airy with little bites of mini chocolate chips. They’re a perfect fun and easy breakfast that the whole family will love!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (plus up to 1/4 cup extra, if needed)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Oil or a bit of butter (about 2 tablespoons) for greasing your pan
- Butter, syrup, or anything else you’d like to serve with these
- Preheat a large cast iron, or non-stick griddle or skillet, over medium-low heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well or a bit of a hole in the center of the flour mixture with the whisk.
- Add the milk, butter, vanilla, and egg to the center of the well.
- Using your whisk, start whisking gently in the center of the well and slowly move outward, adding more flour as you whisk until the whole bowl is well incorporated and combined.
- Mix well for 1 minute to get the mixture nice and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate chips, and stir to just combine.
- Add a bit of oil or butter to the warm pan, and use a spatula to spread if out on the bottom.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour 1/3 cup of batter into the center of your pan.
- Let the mixture cook until bubbles come through the pancake, pop, and leave a little hole behind. This will take about 1.5 to 2.5 minutes. When you see this, use a thin spatula to flip the pancake.
- Let it cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- This is a slower cooking process at a lower temperature so that the pancakes cooks through the fluffy middle before it burns on the outside.
- Remove the pancake from the pan, and place it on a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet. Set the baking sheet in a 200 degree F. oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- When all of the batter is cooked, serve warm pancakes with your choice of toppings such as butter, syrup, bananas, or whipped cream.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip pancakes recipe, easy pancakes recipe, fluffy pancakes, homemade pancakes, pancakes from scratch