This classic cheese board has a little something for everyone! I like to fill my cheese boards with sweet, savory, and salty elements to round out the flavors and textures.
- cheeses - sharp cheddar, goat cheese, Jarlsberg, and Stiltons are great places to start
- crackers - look for a wide variety of shapes and textures (some buttery, some seedy, etc.)
- fruit - thinly sliced apples are always a great idea, and so are grapes
- extras - seasonal fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and something fun (I have coconut chips on this one)
- condiments - a whole grain mustard, some kind of jam, and honey are all musts
- board - wood board, marble slab, cookie sheet, it all works
- cheese knives
- Arrange the cheeses first (the most important ingredient, after all), and then place the rest of the crackers, nuts, fruit, and other items around the cheese.
- Finish with a garnish (seasonal items, dried fruit, and even other organics like leaves, herbs, or whole apples work great), and enjoy!
- Don't think too much; just go for it and have fun.
- When eating a cheese board, making flavor combos on your cracker is half the fun. Add cheese, mustard, a slice of apple, and a drizzle of honey to your cracker. The combinations are endless but half of the fun of eating from a cheese board.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: Side
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: charcuterie, cheese board, cheese, cheese board ideas, meat and cheese board, easy cheese board