White Candy Cake is made with one of my all time favorites- rice crispy treats! This dessert is such a fun and cute birthday cake alternative.
I love making this rice crispy treat “cake” because it is super easy and a welcomed change from a traditional birthday cake. It works great for summer birthdays because no oven is required.
White Candy Cake
Making a rice crispy candy cake is super simple. You start with your basic rice crispy treat recipe and mold it into your desired cake shape. Next, you cover the outside with a little bit frosting and add white chocolate Kit Kats all around the edge of the cake.
Once your kit kats are in place, you fill the top with colorful candy! This cake turns out darling every time and you can customize the candy on top to match your color theme.
This candy cake is a total show stopper that takes no time at all. So simple that your kiddos can help you make it.
Can you make the rice crispy cake (or any cake) ahead of time?
Yes! That is the beauty of rice crispy treats is that they can be made a day early and stored in an airtight container.
What are the best marshmallows to use when making rice crispy treats?
I prefer the jet puffed marshmallows. I’ve tried various store brands and the flavor is just a bit off. I like using jet puffed because they offer a hint of vanilla too.
More cake recipes:
If you’ve tried this candy cake recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation!Print
Easy Candy Cake
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 12
White Candy Cake is made with a no-bake cake, loads of candy, and it's SO fun to make and eat. This is the cake that every one wants.
- Ingredients for rice crispy treats
- White Kit Kats
- Rock candy
- Sour Patch Kids
- Nerds Gummy Clusters
- Shaped marshmallows
- Make up your favorite batch or rice crispy treats.
- Put the mixture into 2 well buttered round cake pans (8 or 9 inch pans, depending on your stand... I used 8 inch for this cake).
- Press firmly into cake pans. Remove from pans, stack on top of each other on your cake stand.
- Break all of the Kit Kats apart and start lining the edge of the crispy cake while it is still sticky.
- Once you have gone around, use a big ribbon to hold the Kit Kats onto the cake.
- After I added the ribbon I went back over the Kit Kats and wiggled them closed together, adding a few more sticks where needed.
- Fill in the top of the cake with your favorite candy.
- You do not have to make a cake out of rice crispy treats for this recipe, it's just a fun and easy way to make this a no-bake dessert. You can make any kind of cake you'd like. If making a traditional cake, you can add a thin layer of frosting to it.
- You can also add a little frosting to your rice crispy treat cake if you'd like, it helps the candy to stick a little better.
- Don't feel like you have to use the candy that I listed, use what you have or like or what matches the colors of your party.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 325
Keywords: candy cake, how to make a candy cake, kitkat cake, white candy cake
White Candy Cake is such a festive and fun treat using rice crispy treats. It tastes yummy and looks adorable! I can’t wait for you to try it.