This Cafe Rio Black Beans recipe is a perfect side for taco night! Flavorful, salty, and slightly acidic, they fill out any meal and are the easiest to make!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounce)
- 1/3 cup tomato juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium skillet, heat the garlic and cumin in the olive oil over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato juice, and salt. Continually stir until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro.
I often use cooked dried beans instead of store-bought. If you do this, too, plan on more salt because they'll need it.
For the tomato juice, I make this salsa before I prepare the beans, and when I am ready for the tomato juice I just pour in the same amount of salsa juice that has collected in the bottom of the bowl. Delish!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: side
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American, Tex-Mex, Mexican
Keywords: Cafe Rio black bean recipe, how to make beans, easy black beans recipe, how to cook black beans, black beans nutrition, black beans calories,