Biscotti with chocolate and almonds is a crunchy cookie just perfect for dipping in your tea or coffee. You'll love how easy they are to make and how long they last![adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id="LZZI9zUu" upload-date="2022-12-01T15:58:29.000Z" name="Biscotti with Almonds and Chocolate" description="Homemade Biscotti made with almonds and dipped in chocolate." player-type="default" override-embed="default"]
- 1 ¼ cups whole almonds lightly toasted, divided (see notes for toasting tips)
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg beaten for an egg wash
- Extra chocolate for dipping, optional
- Heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Draw 2, 8x3 inch rectangles on a piece of parchment paper spaced a few inches apart Place the parchment paper, drawn side down, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pulse 1 cup of the toasted almonds in food processor until coarsely chopped and remove from food processor. Set aside.
- Add the remaining almonds to the food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the food processor.
- Process until combined and remove from the food processor.
- Add 2 eggs to the empty processor and process until light in color and doubled in size. 3-4 minutes
- Add the sugar to the eggs, 1/4 of a cup at a time, pulsing well in between each addition.
- Add melted butter and vanilla pulse to mix.
- Place egg mixture in a large bowl and add half of the flour mixture.
- Carefully fold in flour until just combined.
- Add remaining flour, almonds and chocolate chips and fold until combined.
- Divide flour in half and shape into loaves using marked parchment paper as a guide.
- Brush tops with egg wash.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until deeply golden.
- Let loaves cool on baking sheet 30 minutes.
- Once cool, cut on a cutting board with a serrated knife. Cut on a bias (on a diagonal) and ½ inch thick.
- Place on a wire cooling rack that is inside a baking sheet and place the cut pieces of cookie on the wire rack, cut side down.
- Bake another 35 minutes flipping over halfway through baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool and then enjoy!
- You can dip the end of each piece of biscotti in melted chocolate if you would like too (or drizzle it over the top!) it's pretty and tastes good but it's optional.
- You can toast the almonds in the oven or in a skillet on the stove top. To toast them in the oven, just preheat your oven a little early and add them to a rimmed baking sheet. Let them cook in the hot oven for 10-12 minutes or until they start to look a little golden and smell good. To toast them on the stove top, add them to a dry skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring very often until they start to get golden in color. Let them cool 5 minutes before using.
- You can use any kind of chocolate chips that you like or have on hand. I really like mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip biscotti, how to make biscotti, biscotti, biscotti recipe, biscotti with almonds