Who says cookie dough is only meant to be baked? Edible Cookie Dough has offers a delightful twist to the traditional cookie experience. With its mouthwatering flavors and simple preparation, edible cookie dough has become a favorite treat for both kids and adults alike.
Since there are no raw eggs in this recipe, feel free to taste-test the dough along the way. Savor the flavors and adjust the sweetness or texture to your liking.
Edible Cookie Dough
Whether it's a rainy day indoors, a family gathering, a sleepover with friends, or simply a desire to treat yourself, any occasion can be the perfect time to make this delightful treat. It can be whipped up as an impromptu snack, a surprise for a loved one, or even as a centerpiece for a dessert buffet. The possibilities are endless, and the joy it brings is immeasurable.
Edible cookie dough holds a universal appeal, casting a magical spell on people of all ages. For kids, it presents an opportunity to engage in hands-on culinary exploration, fostering creativity and encouraging them to take part in the joy of cooking.
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chip
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars using an electric hand mixer until fully combined.
- Add milk and vanilla extract, and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Then whisk in flour until no dry pockets remain.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips, ensuring even distribution.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
So many possibilities for edible cookie dough. Make a batch for movie nights, birthday parties, a dessert bar or a bake sale.
Edible cookie dough is specifically designed to be enjoyed unbaked. It may not yield the same texture or results if baked.
It is recommended to store edible cookie dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yes, edible cookie dough is safe to consume since it does not contain raw eggs AND you have baked the flour, which eliminates the risk of salmonella.
- Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Oreo Cookies
- Super Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 6 Cookies!)
- Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie
If you’ve tried this Edible Cookie Dough recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Recipe
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour heat treated
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chip
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars using an electric hand mixer. Mix the ingredients on a medium-high speed until they are completely combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add the milk and vanilla extract. Use the hand mixer on a medium speed for 1 minute to incorporate the wet ingredients.
- Whisk in the flour until no dry pockets remain in the cookie dough.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Serve and enjoy!
- To heat treat your flour, simply cook for five minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow your flour to cool before using it. I normally just put it in a little bread pan, spread it out a bit, and bake it it!
- If you only have unsalted butter, you can add ¼ teaspoon of salt when adding the flour to the cookie dough.
- For a richer chocolate flavor, use dark chocolate chips. Likewise, you can use milk chocolate chips for a sweeter flavor.
- I like to use an ice cream scoop to serve this ice cream, but you can also eat it straight from the mixing bowl!
- You can store this cookie dough in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for up to five days.
Edible Cookie Dough is safe to eat because it contains no raw eggs. It offers immediate satisfaction because there is no wait time for the cookies to bake. This is a fun treat for both kids and adults alike.