This Banana Zucchini Bread recipe is a mix between your two favorite quick breads that has them both beat. You can’t go wrong with combining banana bread and zucchini bread.
This is a quick bread recipe that you will want to make again and again. The bread is moist, sweet, and incorporates a vegetable so you feel justified in having more than one slice!
Banana Zucchini Bread
Anytime I serve banana zucchini bread it gets rave reviews. I serve it for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or even as dessert. It tastes incredible and it just might be my favorite sweet bread.
This banana zucchini bread makes two loaves. I have tripled the recipe before with great success and made six loaves. This is a great bread to give to friends or keep in the freezer for unexpected visitors.
How do you know when banana zucchini bread is done?
Use the tried and true toothpick method. Insert the toothpick into the center of the loaf around 50 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, your bread is ready.
What can I substitute applesauce with?
If you don’t have applesauce on hand you can sub it with oil, mashed banana, sour cream, or yogurt.
Do quick breads freeze well?
This bread freezes great! I like to double wrap the bread before freezing. Once with plastic wrap and then again with foil. Bread can stay in the freezer for 2-3 months.
And if you need a few more zucchini recipes here are a few of my favorites:
- Zucchini Pineapple Muffins
- Zucchini and Oatmeal Cookies
- Zucchini Veggie Side Dish
- Zucchini and Fresh Corn Succotash
- Healthy Carrot Cake Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 20-Minute Roasted Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Tacos
- Easy Taco Zucchini Boats
- Easy Healthy Make Ahead Zucchini Egg Bake
If you’ve tried this easy zucchini banana bread recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creationPrint
Banana Zucchini Bread is a mix between your two favorite quick breads that has them both beat. You just can’t go wrong by combining banana bread and zucchini bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combing the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium bowl combine the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and bananas. Stir until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Don’t over mix at this point of the batter will get tough. Add the shredded zucchini and gently fold it into the batter. Pour the batter evenly into the two prepared pans and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan, and then let it cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe is from The Brown Eyed Baker.
- You can swap the applesauce for more oil, melted butter, yogurt, or sour cream if you don’t have any.
- This recipe also works great with whole wheat flour.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 22.1g
- Sodium: 226.4mg
- Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 38.3g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 37.2mg
Keywords: banana zucchini bread, recipe for banana zucchini bread, healthy banana zucchini bread, quick bread recipe, banana quick bread, banana recipe, zucchini recipe, banana bread recipe, zucchini bread recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
When you combine banana bread with zucchini bread the results are incredible. You will absolutely love how banana zucchini bread turns out. It is sweet, moist, and so tasty.