This Banana Zucchini Bread recipe is a mix between your two favorite quick breads that has them both beat. You just can’t go wrong by combining banana bread and zucchini bread. Plus, it’s using up the million and one zucchini that are still flowing from the garden.
Homemade Banana Zucchini Bread
This recipe makes two loaves of banana zucchini bread and I actually tripled the recipe with great success and made six loaves! Then we had a bunch to munch on and enough to give to a few friends and neighbors. I got some great comments back at church after everyone had time to eat theirs so I know they were good!
Plan on whipping up a batch of these this afternoon for the kiddos after school snack or make a double batch and send a loaf to school with them tomorrow for their teacher. This is a great recipe and one you’ll want to make again and again, so be sure to pin it or print it because you won’t want to loose it.
How do you know when banana zucchini bread is done?
Use the tried and true toothpick method. Insert the toothpick into the center of the loaf around 50 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean, your bread is ready.
Do quick breads freeze well?
This bread freezes great! I like to double wrap the bread before freezing. Once with plastic wrap and then again with foil. Bread can stay in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Banana Zucchini Bread is a mix between your two favorite quick breads that has them both beat. You just can’t go wrong by combining banana bread and zucchini bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combing the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium bowl combine the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and bananas. Stir until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Don’t over mix at this point of the batter will get tough. Add the shredded zucchini and gently fold it into the batter. Pour the batter evenly into the two prepared pans and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan, and then let it cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container.
This recipe is from The Brown Eyed Baker.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 22.1g
- Sodium: 226.4mg
- Fat: 6.6g
- Carbohydrates: 38.3g
- Protein: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 37.2mg
Keywords: banana zucchini bread, recipe for banana zucchini bread, healthy banana zucchini bread, quick bread recipe, banana quick bread, banana recipe, zucchini recipe, banana bread recipe, zucchini bread recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
And if you need a few more zucchini recipes here are a few of my favorites:
- Zucchini Pineapple Muffins
- Zucchini and Oatmeal Cookies
- Zucchini Veggie Side Dish
- Zucchini and Fresh Corn Succotash
- Healthy Carrot Cake Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 20-Minute Roasted Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Tacos
- Easy Taco Zucchini Boats
- Easy Healthy Make Ahead Zucchini Egg Bake
Thanks a million for being here and for all your kind comments on the completion and sale of our house! You are awesome. I know you will love this Banana Zucchini Bread. You can’t go wrong by combining banana bread and zucchini bread.