The Best Banana Bread recipe made with butter and a secret ingredient, Greek yogurt! Sweet, moist, and perfect every time. are great recipes when I’m in the mood for a sweet bread.
Best Banana Bread
I wanted to get you excited for the double America’s Test Kitchen cookbook giveaway that I announced last week (in the post with that perfect pound cake). So another recipe from the America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book is in order. If you missed the first announcement of the giveaway, let me give you a recap. In honor of Mother’s Day ATK and I have teamed up to bring you a double cookbook giveaway. This way you can keep a copy and have a second to give away on Mother’s Day! Trust me, it’s a gift you will want to get and give!
I chose banana bread as a second recipe from the book to prove a point. There are a million and one banana bread recipes, just like there are a million chocolate chip cookie recipes. Most people have a “go-to” recipe for these kind of classic kitchen favorites. And for those of us who don’t have a “go-to” we end up trying and trying recipes until we find the magical one that is everything we’ve ever looked for. Well friends, the recipes coming out of the ATK Family Baking Book are over and over again becoming my “go-to’s”, and this banana bread recipe is just that.
It’s exactly what you expect from banana bread and it turns out perfect every time. Sweet, moist, delicious banana goodness… what more could we ask for?! I love that it uses melted butter in the recipe; I like butter.
Can I use whole wheat flour instead?
I’ve made this multiple times with switching out the all-purpose flour for 100% whole wheat flour and the results have been great.
How do I know when the banana bread is done?
Insert a toothpick in center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean, the center of the loaf is done.
How long should I let banana bread cool?
Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before serving.
The best banana bread best recipe made with butter and a secret ingredient, Greek yogurt! Sweet, moist, and perfect every time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 very large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch baking pan.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl combine the mashed bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir to combine the wet ingredients. Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combine. Don’t over mix. The batter should be thick and chunky.
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least one hour before serving.
FYI – I’ve made this multiple times with switching out the all-purpose flour for 100% whole wheat flour and the results have been great.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 19.4g
- Sodium: 226.8mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 55.5mg
Keywords: Banana Bread, Greek Yogurt, Snack, Breakfast, Sweet Bread
Want To Save This Recipe?
A few more bread recipe that are tried and true:
- Perfect Pumpkin Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Classic Zucchini Bread Recipe
- The Best Cornbread Recipe
- The Best Cranberry Orange Bread
- Pineapple Zucchini Bread Recipe
- The Best Zucchini Corn Bread
- Homemade Cornbread Muffins
- One Hour Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Naturally Sweetened Low-Sugar Pumpkin Bread
Enjoy the Best Banana Bread recipe and don’t forget to enter to win not one, but two copies, of ATK’s Family Baking Book!
Disclosure: America’s Test Kitchen provided me with a copy of the cookbook to send to my mom and is providing the prize to one lucky winner. I wasn’t paid to sponsor the giveaway or to gush about their product. I just love them and wanted to share that love with you!