The Best Banana Bread is sweet, moist, and perfect every time. This is my go-to recipe when I’m in the mood for a sweet bread.
Greek yogurt in this banana bread is the secret ingredient that packs a huge punch. The yogurt helps to keep the bread super moist. If you don’t have Greek yogurt you can easily substitute with sour cream.
Best Banana Bread Recipe
There are a million banana bread recipes, just like there are a million chocolate chip cookie recipes. Most people have a “go-to” recipe for these kind of classic kitchen favorites. And for those of us who don’t have a “go-to” we end up trying and trying recipes until we find the magical one that is everything we’ve ever looked for. Look no further, because this banana bread recipe will be the one you make over and over again.
This recipe is exactly what you expect from banana bread and it turns out perfect every time. Sweet, moist, delicious banana goodness… what more could we ask for?!
Can I use whole wheat flour instead?
I've made this multiple times with switching out the all-purpose flour for 100% whole wheat flour and the results have been great. It's a great option!
How do I know when the banana bread is done?
Insert a toothpick in center of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean, the center of the loaf is done. Don't under bake, a gummy middle in bread is not good.
How long should I let banana bread cool?
Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least ½ hour before serving. Removing if from the pan after 10 minutes helps the bottom to not get too soggy from the steam.
More Banana Bread Recipes:
- Sourdough Banana Bread
- Easy & Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Banana Zucchini Bread
- BEST Banana Waffles Recipe
If you’ve tried this easy banana bread recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creationPrint
The best banana bread best recipe made with butter and a secret ingredient, Greek yogurt! Sweet, moist, and perfect every time.
- 3 very large ripe bananas, mashed well
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork or pastry blender.
- Stir in the the butter, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Don't over mix. The batter should be thick and a little chunky
- Scrape the batter into the greased pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack for at least ½ before serving.
- This recipe is actually really flexible! You can use whole wheat flour instead of the white (or half and half), you can use sour cream instead of the yogurt, and I have even had great luck making "flax eggs" instead of using real eggs for this recipe (mix 1 tablespoon ground flax meal with 2.5 tablespoons water PER egg you need, stir and let it rest for 5 minutes before using). You can also sub oil for the butter. Use what you have on hand and what's easiest for you.
- You can also add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the batter or 1 cup of chocolate chips if you'd like.
- You can reduce the sugar in this recipe to ½ cup if you like a less sweet banana bread.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Category: Bread
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 19.4g
- Sodium: 226.8mg
- Fat: 8.2g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 55.5mg
Keywords: how to make banana bread, easy banana bread recipe, banana bread, banana bread recipe, one bowl banana bread, the best banana bread
The next time you spot bananas on your counter that are super ripe, make this best ever Banana Bread recipe. It fills your home with the best smell and the taste is even better.