Who doesn't love crispy, flavorful Baked Chicken Tenders? They're the ultimate comfort food and perfect for any occasion, whether it's a family dinner, a game night snack, or a party appetizer.
These baked chicken tenders are incredibly flavorful and satisfying. The combination of the spices, crunchy Panko coating, and juicy chicken creates an easy dish that will surely become a crowd-pleaser.
Baked Chicken Tenders
I love this recipe because it is simple, fuss-free, and healthier than the traditional deep-fried version, without sacrificing any of the taste or texture. Gather your ingredients, follow the steps, and prepare to be blown away by the fantastic results!
What to Serve with Baked Chicken Tenders
When it comes to serving delicious chicken tenders, there are plenty of options to complement their flavor and make a complete meal. Here are some ideas for side dishes that pair well with chicken tenders:
- French Fries: Classic and always a hit, crispy French fries are a perfect match for chicken tenders. You can make them from scratch or opt for frozen ones for convenience.
- Coleslaw: The cool and creamy texture of coleslaw provides a refreshing contrast to the crispy chicken tenders. You can go for a traditional cabbage-based coleslaw or try a tangy and colorful variation like a carrot and apple slaw.
- Corn on the Cob: Grilled or boiled corn on the cob is a fantastic side dish. It adds a touch of summery flavor to the meal and complements the tenders well.
- Side Salad: A simple side salad with fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and your favorite dressing can provide a light and refreshing element to balance the richness of the chicken tenders.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Indulge in some cheesy goodness with a side of macaroni and cheese. This comfort food classic pairs well with chicken tenders and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Steamed Vegetables: Opt for a healthier option by steaming a medley of vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, and snap peas. The vibrant colors and crisp texture will add a nutritious touch to your meal.
- Dipping Sauces: Don't forget the dipping sauces! Offer a variety of options like barbecue sauce, honey mustard, ranch dressing, or spicy ketchup to enhance the flavors and provide a fun dipping experience.
- Chicken breasts
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Cut the chicken strips into 1-inch wide pieces. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip each chicken tender in the flour mixture, ensuring they are evenly coated. Then dip them in the beaten eggs until no dry spots remain.
- Coat each chicken strip with bread crumbs. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 425°F , or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F . Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many dipping sauce options that pair well with chicken tenders. Some popular choices include barbecue sauce, aioli, honey mustard, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, or even a tangy sriracha mayo. Feel free to experiment and find your favorite dipping sauce combination!
3 chicken breasts will get you about 16 chicken tenders.
Yes, you can freeze the uncooked chicken tenders for later use. After breading the chicken, place them on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Then transfer them to a freezer bag or airtight container. When ready to cook, simply thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before baking as instructed.
- How to Make Homemade Chicken Strips in the Air Fryer
- The Best Baked Chicken Legs
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Chicken Legs
- Lemon Garlic Baked Chicken Legs
If you’ve tried this Baked Chicken Tenders recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Baked Chicken Tenders
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- Cut your chicken strips into 1-inch wide strips and set aside. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip each chicken tender in the flour until evenly coated. Once covered in flour, dip each piece of chicken in the eggs until no dry spots remain.
- Toss each chicken strip in the bread crumbs until they are evenly coated.
- Transfer the chicken strips to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can store these chicken tenders in the fridge for up to 6 days. You can also serve them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Frozen tenders can be reheated in the microwave for about 2 minutes or in the air fryer for about 10 minutes. Refrigerated tenders can be reheated in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- These tenders are great topped with a little bit of dried parsley.
- In addition to panko bread crumbs, you can also use a mixture of ¾ panko and ¼ Italian bread crumbs
- 3 chicken breasts will get you about 16 chicken tenders.
- These chicken strips are great served with honey mustard, ketchup, aioli, etc.
The next time you're craving some delicious baked chicken tenders, give this recipe a try. It's simple, fuss-free, and healthier than the traditional deep-fried version, without sacrificing any of the taste or texture. Gather your ingredients, follow the steps, and prepare to be blown away by the fantastic results!