This One Pot Macaroni and Cheese is so easy! Cook the macaroni right in the milk that helps to make the sauce. Ready in 15 minutes!
I have all kind of macaroni and cheese recipes on the blog, and today I have a Creamy One Pot Macaroni and Cheese to add to the collection. This is a great recipe to make for lunch when your kids are in the mood for something simple, hot, and filling, and you need something that comes together in without any fuss. This recipe is so easy and we loved the extra creamy results.
This recipe is extra easy because you cook the macaroni right in the milk that helps to make the sauce. There’s no water to boil or noodles to rinse. You just cook it all in one pan and it’s done in about 15 minutes. This is literally just as easy as that blue box stuff, but it tastes like real food and doesn’t have a fluorescent orange glow to it. Trust me, that fake mac ‘n cheese is just gross once you start making your own.
My other stove-top macaroni and cheese recipe is still a favorite, but I don’t always have canned milk on hand. The difference between the two is that this recipes makes a really thick and sticky macaroni and cheese (it almost has the texture and taste of baked macaroni to me), and the other recipe has almost a runny sauce to it. They are both excellent but different enough that I wanted to share both recipes.
This One Pot Macaroni and Cheese is so easy! Cook the macaroni right in the milk that’s used to make the sauce. Creamy, delicious & ready in 15 minutes!
- 2 1/2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- More salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot add the milk, butter, and macaroni noodles. Turn the burning on to medium and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce the heat if the milk seems to stick to the bottom of the pan and stir often until the noodles are cooked though, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cheese and salt until everything is melted.
- Depending on the type and sharpness of cheese you may want to add up to another cup of cheese. Taste it and see. I used a moderately sharp cheddar and liked it at about 1 and 1/4 cups of cheese. If I had used something milder I think I would have used more. I’ve made this a handful of times and each time I seem to use a different amount of cheese, depending on my mood and how much cheese I have in the fridge.
- Serve right away.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Serves 4
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Fat: 18.6g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9g
- Protein: 17.2g
- Cholesterol: 53.9mg
Keywords: mac and cheese, mac n cheese, macaroni and cheese, homemade mac and cheese, best mac and cheese, easy mac and cheese recipe, how to make mac and cheese
Macaroni and Cheese recipes you need to try:
- Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese
- Easy No-bake Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Mac-n-Cheese from Bakeaholic Mama
Have a great day friends! And thanks for being here.