Parmesan crusted chicken will be your new go-to meal because it is easy to make and tastes incredible. The chicken is tender on the inside with a crisp, crunchy outer layer. I can’t wait for you to try it.
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 1.5 pounds of chicken)
- salt and pepper
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups cracker crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup light oil, for frying (such as vegetable, avocado, or canola oil)
- Lay the chicken out on a cutting board and pat the pieces dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken well.
- Add the cracker crumbs to a dish (like a pie plate or a Tupperware, something shallow with an edge).
- Add the Parmesan cheese to a second dish.
- Add the eggs to a third dish and whisk them well with a fork to beat them until well incorporated.
- After you've gotten everything in your bowls, put a large nonstick or cast iron skillet on the stove over medium to medium-high heat. Add the oil to the pan and let it heat while you prepare the chicken.
- First dip the chicken into the Parmesan, patting it to stick and repeat on the second side of the chicken. Next dip the chicken (coated in Parmesan) into the egg mixture on both sides.
- Then finally dip the egg coated chicken into the bread crumbs, pressing the chicken into the crumbs to help them to stick.
- Place the prepared chicken into the hot oil.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Allow the chicken to cook for 5 or so minutes on one side before flipping to the next side. The coating will be a deep golden brown.
- Cook the chicken until the center reaches 165 degrees F. on an instant read thermometer.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Let the chicken rest for 3 minutes before serving hot.
- If you don't have chicken cutlets you'll want to cut a thick chicken breast in half through the thickest part (so making two thinner breasts, not just cutting it in strips). If you aren't working with chicken that is about 1/2 inch thick it'll take too long to cook through in the pan and the coating will burn.
- I love using a buttery cracker like Ritz for this recipe. Crackers are an easy thing to find gluten free too if you need to!
- I used my mircoplane to fine shred some fresh Parmesan, if feel like it stuck really well to the chicken and the flavor was excellent.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make chicken on the stove, Parmesan crusted chicken, Parmesan crusted chicken recipe, how to make Parmesan chicken without mayo