on Jun 16, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Are you craving a comforting and hearty meal that’s also packed with nutrients? Look no further than Spinach Lasagna! This classic Italian dish takes a healthy twist with the addition of fresh spinach, making it a satisfying and flavorful choice for any occasion. With the convenience of oven-ready lasagna noodles, this recipe comes together effortlessly.
By using oven-ready lasagna noodles, the recipe becomes incredibly convenient and time-saving. The assembly process is straightforward, and the oven does most of the work, allowing individuals to enjoy a homemade lasagna without spending hours in the kitchen.
Spinach lasagna is a crowd-pleasing dish that can be enjoyed by both children and adults alike. Its familiar and comforting flavors make it a hit at potlucks, parties, and family gatherings. The combination of pasta, cheese, and spinach is often universally loved, making it a safe bet when cooking for a group.
One of the key reasons people enjoy spinach lasagna is its nutritional value. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as iron and folate. By incorporating this leafy green into the lasagna, individuals can enjoy a wholesome meal that’s packed with essential nutrients. It’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies and promote a well-balanced diet.
- Oven-ready lasagna
- Basil garlic pasta sauce
- Ricotta cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh spinach
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Begin by lining the bottom of a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with oven-ready lasagna noodles, ensuring they cover the entire surface.
- Next, generously spread pasta sauce over the noodles, making sure they are evenly coated. This will provide a flavorful base for the lasagna.
- Take a third of the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and evenly distribute them on top of the sauce layer. This will add a creamy and cheesy element to the dish.
- Scatter half of the fresh spinach leaves over the cheese layer, evenly distributing them across the dish. This vibrant green addition brings a burst of freshness and nutrition.
- Spoon a few more dollops of pasta sauce over the spinach layer, ensuring even coverage. This will infuse the lasagna with more delightful flavors.
- Repeat the layering process by adding another layer of lasagna noodles, followed by sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and the remaining spinach leaves. This will create a beautiful and delicious double layer.
- For the final touch, generously spread the remaining pasta sauce over the top layer of spinach, followed by a generous sprinkle of mozzarella and parmesan cheese. This will create a golden and cheesy crust.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, ensuring it is tightly sealed. This will help the lasagna retain moisture and cook evenly.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the cheeses to melt beautifully.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil from the baking dish and return it to the oven for an additional 5 minutes. This will give the top layer a slightly crispy texture and golden color.
- Once baked to perfection, remove the lasagna from the oven. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving to let the flavors settle and the lasagna to set.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use regular lasagna noodles, but you’ll need to cook them according to the package instructions before layering them in the dish.
Certainly! Lasagna is quite versatile, and you can add other vegetables such as mushrooms, zucchini, or bell peppers to enhance the flavor and texture. You can also incorporate cooked ground meat like beef, sausage, or even tofu for a protein boost.
To make this recipe vegetarian, ensure that the cheese you’re using does not contain animal rennet. To make it vegan, substitute the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses with vegan alternatives made from tofu, cashews, or plant-based proteins. Also, choose a vegan pasta sauce that doesn’t contain any animal products.
Yes, you can assemble the lasagna ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake. Just make sure to tightly cover the dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out. When you’re ready to bake, remove it from the fridge, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes, and then follow the baking instructions.
- Lasagna Rolls Ups
- Crustless Spinach Quiche
- Quick and Easy Tortellini Soup with Spinach
- Easy Skillet Lasagna
- Ravioli Lasagna
If you’ve tried this Lasagna with Spinach recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
- 12 ounces package of oven-ready lasagna
- 24 ounces basil garlic pasta sauce
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with oven-ready lasagna noodles.
- Top the noodles with enough pasta sauce to cover the noodles followed by a third of the ricotta and mozzarella.
- Scatter half of the spinach over the top of the cheese followed by a few more spoonfuls of pasta sauce.
- Repeat the layering process again. Finish by topping the dish with the remaining pasta sauce, mozzarella cheese, and the parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- We like to serve this lasagna with some fresh parsley and a sprinkle of extra parmesan.
- You can prep this dish ahead of time and store it in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for up to 24 hours before baking it. Once ready to bake, follow the regular directions.
- I like to use oven-ready noodles to cut down on prep time, but you can use regular lasagna noodles as well.
- If you are using regular marinara sauce, add 1 ½ teaspoons of garlic powder, dried basil, and oregano to the sauce.
Easy Spinach lasagna is a delicious dish that satisfies with its layers of pasta, sauce, cheese, and nutritious spinach. Whether for a comforting family meal or a gathering, its flavors and ease of customization make it an irresistible choice. Try spinach lasagna today and enjoy the delightful combination of flavors and textures it offers.