Sheet Pan Fajitas is a quick and easy meal with chicken, bell peppers, and onions. Super fast to make and requires very little hands on time. Bonus, this recipe is in my fall cookbook!
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large bell peppers, cut into strips (any colors you prefer)
- 1 medium white onion, cut into thin strips
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas for serving
- Lime wedges, sour cream, grated cheese, guacamole, optional for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F., and spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray (the baking sheet should be roughly 17x12 inches).
- In a small bowl, add the chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the chicken, and toss well to combine.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the sheet pan, and toss gently to combine.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Check a few of the largest pieces to make sure they register 165 degrees F. on an instant-read thermometer.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the oven.
- Toss lightly to combine again.
- Drizzle the pan with the juice of 1 lime and sprinkle with chopped cilantro if using.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with additional toppings of your choice.
- This recipe is really easy to scale up and cook for a crowd! It’s a favorite at our house to serve friends and family.
- You can add additional peppers and onions to your liking. I normally add another pepper or two because I like them the most and hope to have leftovers.
- Sometimes I’ll serve the fajita toppings over chopped lettuce with additional toppings like cheese and salsa to make an easy fajita salad.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fajitas, fajita recipe, chicken fajitas, chicken fajita recipe, sheet pan fajitas, sheet pan fajita recipe, sheet pan chicken fajitas, sheet pan chicken fajita recipe