Easy snow ice cream is such a fun recipe for cold winter months, and you only need four ingredients: evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and fresh snow!
Easy Snow Ice Cream Recipe
Have you ever heard of making ice cream out of snow? It’s so fun and simple to do, and it’s one of my family’s favorite winter activities after a big snowstorm! My mom used to make this for us when we were growing up, so I’ve always been fond of this creative hack for making ice cream.
And the best part? All you need is some evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and the star of the show: fresh snow! Stir the first three ingredients together, mix in the snow, and you have a delicious vanilla treat that only takes about 5 minutes to make. How easy is that?!
My kids were totally amazed the first time I showed them this easy recipe (extra mom points for the win)! I remember being stunned watching my mom make it, too, and she’d let us sit around the bar and eat ice cream straight out of the giant white bowl she mixed it up in! It’s become a winter tradition for us over the years, and I’m excited for you to give it a try, too.
Tips and Tricks for Making Snow Ice Cream:
- The texture of your snow will affect how much is needed to make your ice cream. Wet, heavy Indiana snow will need less than light and powdery Utah snow.
- Add your milk mixture a little at a time and stir often. The texture of the snow ice cream is just right when it reminds you of homemade ice cream right out of the churn. It will be just a little on the thin side like a milkshake.
- This is such a simple recipe – let the kids help and make it just because!
- Long live all the cute sprinkles.
What is snow ice cream made of?
I love how simple snow ice cream is! It’s made using only four ingredients: evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and snow! Most of us have these ingredients already, so when you are snowed in you can still make a treat without having to go to the store.
How much snow do you need for snow ice cream?
The amount of snow really depends on the texture of the snow itself. Mine was extra wet and heavy when I made this, and about 8 cups were perfect. If your snow is drier and fluffier, you may want to add quite a bit more. The taste and texture should be your guide — it should be thinner than store-bought ice cream, but still have some structure when scooped. Don’t be afraid to add a little extra snow as needed.Print
This snow ice cream recipe is made with just 4 ingredients: fresh snow, evaporated milk, a little sugar & vanilla. Four ingredients never tasted so good!
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bowl of Snow (about 1/2 gallon)
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, sugar, and vanilla together until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add about 8-10 cups of snow. Pour the milk mixture over the top and stir well to combine. The texture will be close to that of homemade ice cream (thinner than store-bought ice cream but still have some structure when scooped).
- Serve right away, adding sprinkles if you’d like.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make snow ice cream, easy ice cream recipe, snow ice cream, snow dessert, snow recipe, DIY snow ice cream, sugar on snow
Want To Save This Recipe?
Other Ice Cream Dessert Recipes you’ll love:
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream
- Easy Snow Ice Cream Recipe
- Cereal Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- No Machine Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
- Eggnog Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Here are a few other snowy day desserts you might like:
- Small Batch Double Chocolate Brownies
- Cinnamon Caramel Corn with White Chocolate and Pecans
- Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- Cheater Brookies (Chocolate Chip Cookies + Brownies)
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The Best Simple Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies
- The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever
This post was originally published in 2018 and has been updated in July 2019.
This snow ice cream recipe is a delight to make after a big snowfall, and you’ll love how easy, sweet, and tasty it is, especially with all your favorite ice cream toppings!
” width=”735″ height=”1332″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-24900″ />