Creamy and chock-full of peanut butter, this No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie has a chocolate crust and chocolate shavings on top to finish things off with perfection!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I don't know if there's a more heavenly flavor combination than chocolate and peanut butter. This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe tones down both flavors a bit, but not tragically so. The cream cheese and peanut butter pie filling is creamy and nutty, without being over the top, and chocolate comes in to play with a mild chocolate pie crust and pretty chocolate shavings as garnish.
This is a dessert that will impress crowds and parties -- but between you and me, it's so, so, so simple to make. It's a no bake pie, so you don't have to worry about it cooking or rising flawlessly. All you do is mix up a few ingredients and add them to your pie crust in two pretty layers, before letting it set in the freezer. See? Could NOT be easier! The sweet tooth afflicted in your family will declare you the day's hero next time you make this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie.
- Cream cheese: this is what gives the pie body and structure and what holds it all together, you can use full fat or reduced fat here though I think why not go with the full fat...
- Creamy peanut butter: you get the peanut butter flavor from, well, peanut butter. The texture is best from a brand like Skippy or Jif, don't use a natural peanut butter that separate for this recipe. The texture isn't smooth enough.
- Powdered sugar: this sweetens the pie and also helps to thicken it
- Milk: just a bit to help with the texture and beating everything together
- Cream or Cool Whip: this adds lightness and fluffiness so all of the ingredients, you can whip up some heavy whipping cream or use a frozen whipped topping for this
- Chocolate crust: you can make your own chocolate crust (here's my recipe) or pick up one from the store, both work great
- Hershey's chocolate bar for garnish: you can grate it or make chocolate curls but it adds a nice chocolate element to the top and looks great
How to make no bake pie:
- This couldn't be easier! You are going to get most of the ingredients (but not the cream) and beat them together.
- Then fold in the cream or Cool Whip and add it to your pie crust.
- Garnish with shaved or grated chocolate.
- The hardest part is letting it chill which gives the pie time to thicken. Enjoy cold!
Frequently Asked Questions:
This is a simple as-can-be dessert recipe. All you need is cream cheese, creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, cream whipped until it's stiff (or Cool Whip), chocolate pie crust, and a Hershey's chocolate bar to shave as garnish.
You can, although the consistency might be a little different. I'd recommend using plain Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese if you prefer not to use it.
Individual pie jars are such a great idea! To make no bake peanut butter pie into jars, instead of using a chocolate pie crust, you can remove the cream from Oreo's and crumble the cookies into a fine powder. Press a quarter-inch layer of the crumbled cookies into the bottom of Mason jars before filling them with the peanut butter mixture and topping them off with whipped cream and shaved chocolate.
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.Print
Peanut Butter Pie
- Total Time: 2 hour 10 min
- Yield: Serves 8
Creamy and chock-full of peanut butter, this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie has a chocolate crust and chocolate shavings on top to finish things off with perfection!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream, beat until stiff (or 8 ounces Cool Whip topping, if that's how you roll)
- 1 prepared chocolate crust (or a homemade chocolate crust)
- Hershey's chocolate bar for garnish, optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream cream cheese and peanut butter together with a hand mixer.
- Add milk and powdered sugar, beating until combined and fluffy.
- Fold in half the whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- Place whipped mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Top with remaining whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- For a garnish, use your vegetable peeler and made chocolate curls from the edge of a Hershey's bar.
- Cover pie, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut (and don't thaw first).
- I had prepared crusts on hand, but if you don't, you can make one... You could also put this in a graham cracker crust. Here's my recipe for chocolate and graham cracker pie crust -- both would be great for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pie, pie crust, peanut butter pie, dessert, no bake, chocolate pie, chocolate peanut butter pie, how to make chocolate peanut butter pie, no bake chocolate peanut butter pie, chocolate peanut butter pie recipe
Other No-Bake recipes:
- 3 Ingredient No Bake Muesli Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Energy Balls
- No-Bake Scotcheroos
- 8 No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate-Covered Fluffernutter Cookies
- Healthy Coconut No-Bake Cookies
Other Pie Recipes:
- Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie
- The Best Pecan Pie Recipe
- Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe
- Homemade Coconut Cream Pie
- Basic Apple Pie Recipe (Using Fresh Apples)
- North Carolina Lemon Pie
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- America's Test Kitchen's Fresh Strawberry Pie
Creamy and chock-full of peanut butter, this Peanut Butter Pie Recipe has a chocolate crust and chocolate shavings on top to finish things off with perfection!
As a non pumpkin pie fan, I made this for Thanksgiving dessert. HUGE HIT! Thanks for sharing this scrumptious , and amazingly easy recipe!!
Is it an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese?
Yes ma'am! I'll make a note of it in the recipe. Thanks for asking 🙂
Alpine Court Apartments
I was the recipient of this pie from Melissa and LOVED it! I'm so excited to have the recipe now.
Thanks a million!
This looks right up my alley! Yum 🙂