If you're a fan of peanut butter, then you're in for a delightful treat with Peanut Butter Blondies. These yummy bars combine the rich and creamy goodness of peanut butter with the soft, chewy texture of a classic blondie.
So, what exactly are peanut butter blondies? Think of them as a close relative to traditional brownies, but with a peanut butter twist. They are made by combining a few basic ingredients like melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and salt. However, what sets these blondies apart is the addition of crunchy peanut butter and salted peanuts, which impart a distinct peanutty flavor and provide a delightful crunch in every bite.
Peanut Butter Blondies
One of the reasons people adore peanut butter blondies is the irresistible taste that comes from the combination of sweet and salty flavors. The creamy, nutty goodness of peanut butter complements the sweetness of the blondie base, creating a perfectly balanced treat that hits all the right notes.
Whether you're a die-hard peanut butter enthusiast or simply enjoy the marriage of contrasting flavors, these blondies are sure to captivate your taste buds.
- Vanilla extract
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Salted peanuts
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat the oven and prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by greasing it thoroughly with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter and granulated sugar. Stir until fully combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir well to incorporate.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix to distribute the dry ingredients evenly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Avoid overmixing. Stir in the crunchy peanut butter until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle salted peanuts over the top of the batter, distributing them evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes, until the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the blondies to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! While the recipe calls for crunchy peanut butter, you can substitute it with smooth peanut butter if you prefer a creamy texture throughout the blondies. The flavor will remain just as delightful.
Unfortunately, due to the inclusion of peanuts and peanut butter, these blondies are not recommended for individuals with nut allergies. However, you can explore alternative recipes that use nut-free ingredients to enjoy a similar blondie experience.
Chocolate and peanut butter make a fantastic combination. Feel free to incorporate chocolate chips into the batter or sprinkle them on top before baking for an extra indulgent touch.
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- Small Batch Double Chocolate Brownies
- The Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Sundaes
- Cheesecake Brownies
- Perfect Every Time Brownies
If you’ve tried this Peanut Butter Blondies recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Crunchy Peanut Butter Blondies Recipe
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs large
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup salted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C.).
- While the oven is preheating, prepare your 8-inch square baking pan. Grease it thoroughly with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Make sure all inside surfaces of the pan are well coated to prevent your blondies from sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ⅓ cup of melted butter and 1 cup of granulated sugar. Stir them together until they're fully combined.
- Next, add in the 2 large eggs and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir the mixture well to ensure that the eggs and vanilla are fully incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the ¾ cup of all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon of baking powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Mix these dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the baking powder and salt throughout the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine them but avoid overmixing. The mixture should be smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter to the mixture. Stir it in until it's evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- Sprinkle the ¼ cup of salted peanuts over the top of the batter. Make sure the peanuts are distributed evenly.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven. Bake the blondies for about 30 minutes. The blondies are done when the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- After baking, remove the pan from the oven and allow the blondies to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes.
- The salted peanut on top really make these amazing! The texture of these bars is so good, it's dense like a brownie but it isn't chocolate. You are going to love them.
- You can use creamy peanut butter if you don't have chunky though the texture of the chunky is nice in these peanut butter bars.
This recipe is from the America's Test Kitchen Perfect Cookie Cookbook.
If you have a fondness for peanut butter, get ready to be delighted by the scrumptious delight that awaits you in the form of Peanut Butter Blondies. These blonde brownies bring together the luscious and velvety essence of peanut butter along with the tender and chewy consistency of a traditional blondie.