For those who don't want the hassle of preparing breakfast in the morning, this amazing overnight steel cut oats recipe is just for you. This oatmeal recipe is so quick to put together and super easy!
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups milk (such as dairy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, optional
- Add the oats to the bottom of a quart mason jar.
- Add the milk to the jar.
- Add any extras you might like such as chia seeds, honey/maple syrup, or cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
- Fit the jar with the lid (the flat and the screw on band), and stick in the fridge for 8 to 12 hours.
- In the morning, place half of the oats in a bowl and serve like you would cold cereal. You can also warm up a serving and eat it warm.
- Add additional mix-ins to taste, such as frozen or fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, additional sweetener, or coconut flakes.
- Store remaining oats in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- I used Bob's Red Mill steel cut Irish oats, and they always soften up great for me. If you are finding your oats are too hard, look for quick cooking steel cut oats for this recipe.
- You can also microwave the oat and milk mixture for one minute before adding any extras and sticking it in the fridge for the night. This will also encourage the oats to soften up by morning.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: Overnight
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Soak Overnight
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: overnight steel cut oats, overnight steel cut oats recipe, overnight oatmeal, overnight oats, breakfast recipe, oatmeal recipe, overnight oats recipe, healthy overnight oats, overnight oatmeal recipe