Morning Glory Muffins are a healthy, sweet, no-fuss treat that can be enjoyed anytime of day. The fun part is that you can add just about anything to them and they turn out delicious.
These muffins make for a quick and healthy breakfast on the go, for a great snack, or to celebrate a special occasion. You can’t go wrong with Morning Glory Muffins.
Morning Glory Muffins
These muffins are one of my favorites because they are hearty and wholesome. They are made with 100% whole wheat flour, carrots, crushed pineapple, coconut, and a few other basic ingredients that you most likely have on hand.
Everyone in my family devours these muffins and lovingly calls them bunny muffins because of the carrots. They have a great mixture of flavors- sweet with hints of spice cake.
We like to eat them for a quick morning breakfast or a grab and go snack. They freeze great too!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Put them back into the oven for 3-5 minutes. Then insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
In order to keep muffins as moist as possible, I let the muffins cool completely before storing them in an airtight container or Ziploc. This seems to do the trick.
From what I read, Morning Glory Muffins were created by a chef named Pam McKinstry. She worked at a café in New England named Morning Glory. Interesting little tidbit.
One great thing about this muffin is once you have the base you can swap in and out some of the “extras”. Some ideas of ingredients to add are: nuts, raisins, wheat germ, apples, flax seed, pecans, or orange zest.
More muffin recipes:
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Homemade Cornbread Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Pineapple Zucchini Muffins
- Easy & Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Made in the Blender!)
- One Bowl Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Blender Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins
- Monkey Bread Muffins
If you’ve tried this Morning Glory muffin recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation!Print
This recipe for delicious healthy moist carroty muffin (AKA Morning Glory Muffins) was a hit.
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 Tablespoons butter, (one stick) melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple well drained and pressed dry with paper towels
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the wet ingredient into the flour mixture. Add the carrots, pineapple, and coconut and fold together until just combine. Do not over mix.
- Add ⅓ cup of the batter to each muffin cup. Bake the muffins until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then flip them out onto a wire rack and let them cook for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- You can add what you like to these muffins! They are great with dried fruit, nuts, and seeds! I love adding a few teaspoons or orange zest too.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 281
- Sugar: 24.8g
- Sodium: 398.4mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 66.9mg
Keywords: Healthy, Muffins, Meal Prep, Breakfast, morning glory muffins, how to make morning glory muffins, morning glory muffin recipe, easy muffins, healthy muffin recipe
I know you are going to love this recipe for delicious, healthy moist, carroty muffins AKA Morning Glory Muffins. They are full of flavor and a filling snack to grab on your way out the door.