Mini pumpkin pies are everything you love about the traditional favorite in an adorable, miniature form.
I have a real obsession with tiny things. I think miniature versions are just so darling! Have you ever watched Tiny Kitchen on Youtube!? I die ever time. These mini pumpkin pies are quick, easy, and a fun option for Thanksgiving.
Mini Pumpkin Pie
I love desserts that are so easy my kids can make create them. Enter-mini pumpkin pies. They are fun to make and are delicious to boot.
You will love these because they are way more fun to eat than the full size pumpkin pie but don’t skimp on any of the pumpkin spice flavor we all love.
These desserts are perfect because they look fancy with only minimal work and are easy to serve to a houseful of guests.
Can mini pumpkin pies be made the day before?
Yes! You can make the entire batch mini pumpkin pies the day before and then refrigerate them. You can also make the pie crust and freeze it until you are ready to use it.
More pumpkin desserts:
- One Bowl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie Recipe uses cream instead of evaporated milk!
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfect Pumpkin Bread
Mini pumpkin pie is just like a traditional pie, but so little you can eat it like a cookie. These adorable little desserts are easy to make too.
- your favorite pie crust*
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 1 can pumpkin puree (16 ounce can)
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface until it's about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out circles slightly larger than your mini pie pans. I do this by placing a pan upside down on top of the dough and cutting it ½ inch wider all around the pan.
- Flip the pan over and place the dough inside of the pan. Line the pie pans with pie crust pushing dough into all the corners and bends.
- Trim off any excess dough with a sharp knife.
- Repeat with remaining dough and pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg and mix well to combine.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Place all of the prepared mini pie shells on a baking sheet.
- Use a small measuring cup to pour the pumpkin mixture into prepared pie shells. Fill the shell ¼ inch from the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of a mini pie comes out clean.
- Allow the pies to cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the tart pan. You can serve these warm or at room temperature.
- Serve with a swirl of whipped cream on top if you'd like (you can put the whipped cream in a pastry bag with a large piping tip and pipe it onto the mini pies if you'd like).
- *You'll need one pie crust (a single pie crust) for this recipe. You can make your favorite pie crust recipe from scratch or buy a pre-made pie crust from the store that comes rolled up (don't get the kind that's already shaped in a pie pan).
- This is my favorite pie crust recipe, it's easy to make and easy to work with.
- You can use a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon and all spice if you prefer.
- These are the mini pie pans or tart pans that I used. They are fun to have around and my kids often make little things in them while I'm baking.
- You can use canned whipped cream, homemade whipped cream pipped out like icing, or you can just serve the whipped cream next to the pie and people can put a little on themselves.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mini pumpkin pie, mini pumpkin pie recipe, mini pumpkin tart, mini pumpkin tart recipe, homemade pumpkin pie
Do you serve pumpkin pie warm or cold?
Typically pumpkin pies are served cold or at room temperature. You can serve these however you like though, they are delicious any temperature.
How long do I bake mini pumpkin pies?
The sweet spot is 30-35 minutes. You want the crust to be a nice golden color. If the crust is pale, leave them in the oven a little longer. The pie filling will also be set when they are done baking and not runny.
You can make homemade pie crust or buy from the store depending on your time. Then just make the simple pumpkin pie filling and bake. That’s it! Once the mini pies have cooled, add a dollop of homemade whipped cream to finish it off. Simple, cute, yummy!
I hope you try your hand at this mini pumpkin pie recipe. They will be the hit of any fall festivity. And you won't stop at just one nibble!