These Garlic Knots are such a treat! If you’re wondering what to serve alongside your turkey this thanksgiving, these homemade garlic knots are the answer. Or, if you’re just looking for a buttery side dish, you could make them today!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or half all-purpose and half whole wheat)
- To brush on top:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large bowl add the warm water, yeast and sugar or honey. Stir to combine and let the mixture rest for 5 minutes. Add the oil, salt, spices, and 1 cup of flour. Stir until well combined. Add 2 more cups of flour and stir until combined and the dough starts to pull away from the edge. Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding additional flour as needed. Knead for 3 or 4 minutes. Place the dough back in the bowl, cover it, and let it rise for 30 to 40 minutes.
- After the dough as risen remove it from the bowl and divide it into 12 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough into an 8 to 12 inch long rope and then tie the dough into a simple knot (make a circle with the dough and stick one end through). Place the dough knot on a parchment or baking mat lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover the dough knots and allow to rise for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brush the top of the dough knots with the butter and spice mixture and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush the tops with the butter mixture again. Serve hot.
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make garlic knots, garlic knots recipe, the best garlic knots recipe, homemade garlic knots recipe, easy garlic knots recipe