One pot wonders are dishes that you kind of throw everything in the pot, let it cook, and then it is done! This Farmstand One Pot Wonder Recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner made with garden fresh vegetables!
Our Family Loves This Healthy One Pot Dinner
Farmstand One Pot Wonder is green beans, new potatoes, onions, and ham that are all cooked in one pot. Half way through the cooking time you can place a few ears of corn on top of everything and they cook in the pot too. The ham makes everything taste awesome and the starchy potatoes kind of make their own sauce/gravy for everything as they cook. It’s so easy and you will love it! This is comfort food at it’s finest. And I’m proud to say that everything in the pictures, except for the ham, was grown by me (we are all out of pork from last year and this year’s hog is still growing). If you didn’t grow your own taters, beans, onions, and corn this year, I bet you can find some locally grown at a roadside farm stand or farmers’ market this week.
This my friends, is real food at it’s best. Simple seasonal ingredients cooked without a lot of fuss. I’m in! Are you?
Can I add different vegetables to this One Pot dish?
This recipe is very flexible when it comes to ingredients and measurements… just use what you have on hand!
What is a one pot meal?
A one pot meal is a simple meal that combines all ingredients into one single pot. Easy prep and clean up with a delicious taste. This dish is very common in Indiana but no one here in Utah that I’ve met makes it. Do you make something similar? What are your favorite One Pot Wonders?!
This Farmstand One Pot Wonder Recipe is made with fresh green beans, new potatoes, onions, and ham that are all cooked in one pot. It is so easy, you’ll love it!
- 1 to 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and broken
- 2 pound new potatoes, cut into 1-2 inch chunks (peel left on)
- 1–2 pound cooked ham, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups broth (chicken or vegetable are both good)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4–6 ears corn
- In a large pot add the potatoes, green beans, ham, broth, onion, and salt. Put a tight fitting lid on the pot and put it over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a low boil/simmer and allow it to cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Take the lid off the pot and carefully place the corn on top of the mixture in the pot, replace the lid and allow the dish to cook for an additional 15-25 minutes until the potatoes and green beans are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, remove the corn and place it on a serving dish, Add more salt and pepper to the pot, to taste, serve hot with corn on the side.
If you are using small new potatoes you can just throw the whole potatoes in. This recipe is very flexible when it comes to ingredients and measurements… just use what you have on hand!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4-6
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 14.4g
- Sodium: 1315.1mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Carbohydrates: 60.1g
- Protein: 36.8g
- Cholesterol: 89.3mg
Keywords: one pot meal, healthy one pot meal, one pot recipe, easy dinner idea, dinner recipe, recipe for fresh vegetables, ham dinner idea, ideas for fall dinner, fall dinner recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
For this recipe, I recommend:
Try One Of These Easy Side Dish Recipes To Make Your Dinner Complete!
- Whole Grain Cornbread (naturally sweetened cornbread perfection!)
- Whole Wheat Clover Rolls
- Chive Biscuits
- Parmesan Focaccia
All are great options!
Enjoy this Farmstand One Pot Wonder Recipe. It is so easy; you’ll love it! Hope you had a great weekend and thank you SO much for all of your love and support with the Etsy shop last week. You all are the best.