Easy Chicken Skillet Nachos
Easy Chicken Skillet Nachos are as tasty as the pictures look friends! I am working with Sabra (you know, the hummus folks) today and I’m so excited! I made this recipe with football, parties, and entertaining in mind. I love these easy skillet nachos for a few reasons. One, they are delicious and they look fabulous. Two, they take very little time to make which makes them perfect for a party. Three, who doesn’t love nachos!?! They are a total crowd pleaser. Making a huge batch of nachos in a skillet means that you can serve them right out of the pan; serving them along side Sabra’s Farmer’s Ranch, guacamole, and salsa means that you have very little prep to do yourself. Is it just a Utah thing to put ranch on everything? People here put it on tacos, dip chicken in it, throw it on baked potatoes, and even use it as a fry sauce. It really is the perfect condiment for nachos too along with the more traditional guac and salsa.
Planning a party in the next few weeks? (Rumor has it some game called the Super Bowl or something is coming up…) Here’s a fun promotion from Sabra for you – if you buy two Sabra products plus 2 bags of Stacy’s Pita Chips you get a $5 gift card! Getting paid to eat, now that’s something I can get behind! Check out this site for all the details!
And because you know I’m newly obsessed with video, let’s enjoy the live version of this fun recipe. A “play by play” if you will (that my best and only football reference for you!).
Easy Chicken Skillet Nachos
Quick and easy chicken nachos that are made with chips, loads of cheese, beans, and more! Perfect for feeding a crowd.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Tortilla chips, about 10 cups
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce), drained and rinsed
- Diced tomato, green onions, black olives, and jalapenos
- Sabra Farmer’s Ranch
- Sabra Classic or Spicy Guacamole
- In a large cast iron skillet (or other oven proof skillet) or a large rimmed baking sheet, spread tortilla chips in an even layer over the bottom. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the taco seasoning and water to your cooked shredded chicken and stir to combine. Add half of the shredded cheese, half of the chicken, half of the beans to the chips in the skillet. Add a second layer of chips to the skillet and top with the remaining cheese, chicken, and beans.
- Place the skillet in the hot oven to 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove the skillet from the oven and top with chopped tomato, green onions, black olives, and jalapenos. Serve with Sabra Greek Yogurt Farmer’s Ranch, Sabra Guacamole, and salsa.
For this recipe, I recommend:
Seriously though, this was delicious! I hope you give it a try! I just cooked an extra chicken breast a day or two in advance while I was making chicken for a different meal. The day I wanted to make these nachos I just chopped up the cold chicken breast and added a little taco seasoning and water. You could use just about any shredded meat or skip it altogether if you’d like. If you don’t have a large cast iron skillet you can also use a large rimmed baking sheet (though the skillet looks fabulous!). The Sabra dips were really fun and easy to use. I highly recommend their products!
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Sabra (yay!!!) but all opinions and words are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I thoughtfully choose to work with and that help make Bless this Mess possible.