This Churro Waffles recipe is next-level amazing! Topped with homemade caramel sauce, it has a crunchy outside coated in a sugar-cinnamon mixture and a softy, fluffy inside. An easy breakfast idea that you’ll be craving every morning.
A Simple Churro Waffle Recipe with Homemade Caramel Sauce
You have NOT even lived unless you’ve tried churro waffles, especially covered with your favorite caramel sauce. These incredible treats are so simple to make, too. You just make a pretty basic and easy waffle recipe, and then dip the freshly baked, still-hot waffles in a dish of cinnamon and sugar to get that spicy-sweet coating. You guys… Whether you have them for breakfast or dessert or breakfast-for-dinner, these heavenly waffles are sure to become a family favorite that you’ll want to make over and over again.
Churros are one of those snacks that are hard to find, but I sure do love enjoying them at fairs and ball games when I can. That’s why I was inspired to create this at-home churro remix using some simple ingredients and a simpler method. It’s got the crunch on the outside that we all so love in churros, with the soft and steamy insides that are just plain irresistible. My kids know something good is coming when I get out the waffle iron AND the sugar and cinnamon… I can’t wait for you to serve these special treats up to you and yours!
How do you keep churro waffles warm?
While you’re making churro waffles, you can keep the “done” ones in a 200 degree F. oven on a wire rack. This will keep them toasty warm, as well as help them to maintain their crunchy exterior texture without continuing to cook them.
What do you serve with homemade churro waffles?
I love, love, love these with caramel sauce. There’s just something about the spicy sweetness of the sugar-cinnamon coating that pairs amazingly with the warm sweetness of caramel. You can also serve them up like regular waffles with traditional toppings, like syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
How do you store leftover churro waffles?
Put leftover churro waffles in an airtight container once they have completely cooled, and store them in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat, place them on a wire rack in a 350 degree F. oven until fully heated through, about 10 minutes.
These churro waffles with caramel sauce are next-level amazing! With a crunchy outside coated in a sugar-cinnamon mixture and a softy, fluffy inside, you’ll be craving these nearly every morning.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup neutral oil, such as vegetable, canola, or avocado oil
- 1 3/4 cups milk (I normally use 2%)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Caramel sauce (like ice cream topping)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and add the eggs, oil, and milk.
- Whisk all ingredients together until a thin and slightly lumpy batter forms.
- In a shallow dish combine the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully toss the waffle in the sugar and cinnamon mixture while it is still hot, and place sugar-coated waffle on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve waffles hot with caramel sauce or your favorite topping, such as buttermilk syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream.
- If making more than one batch, you can keep the waffles warm in a 200 degree F. oven until ready to serve.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade waffles, waffle recipe, easy waffles, fall waffles, waffle batter recipe, best waffle recipe, how to make waffles, churro waffles recipe
Want To Save This Recipe?
Looking for more classic waffle recipes?
- Banana Waffles
- Easy Chocolate Waffle Recipe
- Classic Belgian Waffle Recipe
- The Best Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles Recipe
- Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Caramel Spice Waffles with Caramel Maple Syrup
- Sweet Cherry Waffles
Serve these waffles with:
- Homemade Buttermilk Syrup
- How to Cook Bacon in a Cast Iron Skillet
- How to Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Baking Bacon in the Oven
- Blueberry Topping
Not only are churro waffles with caramel sauce a sweet and delicious spin on a classic breakfast, but they’re also just fun and sure to make anyone who enjoys them happy!