I recently stumbled upon the most refreshing and delicious recipe that I just have to share with all of you—Carrot Salad! It's such a simple dish, but it packs a flavorful punch and is perfect for those warm summer days.
A vibrant carrot salad bursting with freshness, sweetness, and a delightful crunch make for the perfect side dish for a summer barbecue, a picnic in the park, or even a quick and healthy lunch option.
To make this delightful salad, start by grating some fresh carrots. I love the vibrant orange color they bring to the table! Next, toss in some raisins or dried cranberries for a touch of sweetness. They add a burst of flavor that complements the carrots beautifully.
For an extra crunch, add some chopped walnuts or almonds. They not only provide a satisfying texture but also bring in a nutty richness that takes this salad to the next level. Trust me, it's worth it!
Now, let's talk dressing. I'm a fan of keeping things light and tangy, so I whip up a simple dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, and a hint of honey. It's zesty, slightly sweet, and brings all the ingredients together like magic!
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- First, peel the carrots and shred them into thin pieces.
- Grab a big bowl and place the shredded carrots in it.
- Take some olive oil and pour it over the carrots. Use two serving forks to toss and make sure the carrots are coated nicely with the oil.
- Now, it's time to add the chives, mustard, honey, lemon juice, salt, and ground pepper to the bowl.
- Mix everything well, making sure all the seasonings are evenly spread throughout the salad.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. This will help the flavors blend together. You can also leave it in there until you're ready to eat.
- When you're ready to enjoy your delicious carrot salad, simply serve it up and dig in!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can definitely use pre-shredded carrots if you prefer to save time. However, grating the carrots yourself allows for a fresher and more vibrant texture in the salad.
Absolutely! While olive oil adds a delicious flavor to the salad, you can use other oils such as avocado oil, vegetable oil, or even a light sesame oil. Choose an oil that suits your taste preferences.
Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time and refrigerate it until you're ready to serve. Just make sure to cover it tightly to preserve its freshness. It's recommended to refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together, but you can refrigerate it for longer if needed.
- Roasted Carrots
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- How to Store Fruits and Vegetables
- Creamy Carrot Soup with Ginger
If you’ve tried this Carrot Salad recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
- 1 pound about 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon about ½ lemon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Fresh parsley for topping optional
- Peel and shred carrots.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and toss, I used 2 serving forks, to coat the carrots with the oil.
- Add the chives, mustard, honey, lemon juice, salt, and ground pepper.
- Mix well until all the seasonings are evenly mixed throughout the salad.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to bind or until ready to eat.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Carrot salad is an excellent dish that can be served with a main dish like chicken breasts, bratwurst, or steak. Add some of the leftover mixture to a green salad.
- Storage: Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. With leftovers, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Have fun with the recipe:
- Make it spicy: Add some red pepper flakes or use spicy olive oil.
- Make it your way: Add different herbs: ill, mint, rosemary. Add other ingredients: cucumber, apples, onions,...
- Make it kid-friendly: Substitute honey with maple syrup, increase the honey amount, and omit the pepper and lemon juice.
- Make it Deluxe: When serving top with chopped fresh herbs or a sprinkle of fresh grated Parmigiano cheese
Carrot salad is a refreshing and versatile dish that is perfect for any occasion. With its vibrant colors, delightful crunch, and flavorful dressing, it's a great way to incorporate healthy and delicious ingredients into your meals. Whether you're enjoying it as a side dish, a light lunch, or even at a summer gathering, carrot salad is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.