Cajun Chicken Pasta is a fiery delight that combines tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and a bold blend of spices. This mouthwatering dish is loved by many for its rich flavors, creamy sauce, and just the right amount of heat. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to explore the world of Cajun cuisine!
The Cajun seasoning, a distinctive spice mix with roots in Louisiana cuisine, adds a complex and vibrant taste profile to the dish. It typically includes ingredients like paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and various herbs, creating a spicy and aromatic experience.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
The creamy sauce in Cajun chicken pasta provides a luscious and comforting element. The heavy cream adds a rich and velvety texture, balancing out the heat from the spices and creating a satisfying dish.
Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight dinner or planning a gathering with friends, this flavorful pasta will never disappoint.Serve it as a main course for a family dinner, accompanied by a fresh salad or garlic bread. It also makes for a crowd-pleasing option at potlucks or parties, where guests can indulge in its robust flavors. For those who prefer a milder heat, you can adjust the amount of Cajun seasoning to suit your taste.
- Chicken breast
- Cajun seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Red bell pepper
- Heavy cream
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Melt some butter in a big ol' skillet over medium heat. Toss in the chicken, sprinkle it with Cajun seasoning and garlic powder, and cook it up until it's nicely browned and cooked through. Set that tasty chicken aside for a bit.
- In the same skillet, throw in the diced red bell pepper and give it a few minutes to get a little tender.
- Now, turn down the heat and pour in the heavy cream. Stir it around and let it simmer gently for a few minutes until it thickens up a bit.
- Time to bring it all together! Add the cooked fettuccine, the chicken you set aside earlier, and sprinkle in some fresh parsley. Give it all a good toss until that pasta is nicely coated in that creamy Cajun goodness.
- Get ready to dig in! Serve up that hot and tasty Cajun Chicken Pasta, and don't forget to sprinkle on some extra parsley for a little extra oomph.
Frequently Asked Questions
he beauty of Cajun cuisine lies in its adaptability. If you prefer a milder version, you can reduce the amount of Cajun seasoning or opt for a mild version of the spice blend. If you're a heat seeker, feel free to increase the amount of Cajun seasoning to your liking.
Certainly! While fettuccine is traditionally used in Cajun Chicken Pasta, you can experiment with other pasta shapes such as penne, rotini, or even spaghetti. Just remember to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Cajun Chicken Pasta is quite versatile, so feel free to throw in some extra veggies to amp up the nutritional value and add more color. Sautéed mushrooms, spinach, or corn kernels can be fantastic additions that complement the flavors beautifully.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Chicken with Tomatoes and Garlic Pasta
- Easy Roasted Tomato & Sausage Pasta
- Spinach Bacon Pasta Salad
If you’ve tried this Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces fettuccine cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 pounds chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh, minced
- Cook your noodles according to package directions, drain them, and set them aside.
- Melt your butter in a medium pan or skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is completely melted, add the chicken and spices. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the bell peppers. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes to start softening the bell peppers.
- Once the bell peppers begin to soften, add the heavy cream and stir the mixture constantly until it begins to thicken.
- After the sauce has thickened, add the pasta and fold it in the sauce until it is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle your pasta with some freshly chopped parsley, serve, and enjoy!
- You can store your leftover pasta in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. To reheat your leftovers, throw them in the microwave for about 1-1½ minutes or throw them in a pan with some extra heavy cream until reheated.
- Any brand of cajun seasoning will work great with this recipe. McCormick makes a great one that is available at most major grocery stores.
- We like the sweetness you get from red bell peppers, but you can also use green or yellow. You can also add celery or onion if you want to increase the amount of veggies in this dish.
- Optional: reserve a little bit of pasta water to thin out your sauce if you like it less thick.
- You can also use dried parsley in this recipe. You will want to add about 2 teaspoons of dried parsley to replace 1 tablespoon of fresh.
Cajun Chicken Pasta is a dish that brings together tender chicken, vibrant bell peppers, and a rich Cajun-spiced cream sauce, all tossed with perfectly cooked fettuccine. Your taste buds will thank you for this vibrant dish.
Leave a Reply