Fruity and light, these Lemon Blueberry Muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or sweet treat, and they’re easier than you could imagine to make. This recipe will easily become a dessert and breakfast staple!
These Blueberry Lemon Muffins Are So Easy To Make
There’s certainly a time and a place for baking from a box, but this isn’t the time, and this isn’t the place. Why? Because these muffins are SO simple to make that you won’t need or want to use a box! Plus, they incorporate fresh fruit, which is just necessary to boost flavors of legitimate lemon and blueberry.
Blueberry Muffins Are Great For A Quick Breakfast
These are such a fun summertime breakfast for busy mornings when you’re just trying to get everyone fed quickly and out the door. (Been there!) Whip them up a day before, and then pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before applying a generous swipe of butter, and I’m telling you… You’ll forget about any stresses or worries from the upcoming day and feel like you’re in your own muffin paradise, at least for a few moments.
Do You Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins With Sour Cream?
Some recipes for Lemon Blueberry Muffins do call for sour cream to lend a bit more tartness to go with the fruity flavors. That’s a great option if you want to use it, but I generally opt for plain yogurt instead because it has a similar texture and taste, but it’s just a tad lighter!
Are Lemon Blueberry Muffins Healthy?
I sure think so! Of course, they have butter and flour and sugar, but they also have yogurt and plenty of fruit. And you can certainly make them with whole-wheat flour, if you prefer to get some whole grains in there — I’ve done so, and they’ve turned out perfect! It’s just all about balance really, isn’t it?
Can You Make Blueberry Lemon Muffins Gluten Free?
You absolutely can make these muffins gluten free, and I love that idea! Make sure you just use a gluten free baking flour, and check that your baking powder is also a gluten free formula. Other than that, you’re good to go following the rest of the recipe as is!
These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are fruity, light, and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or sweet treat!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup whole or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, (do not thaw if frozen)
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle, and heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a small bowl (or a 2-cup glass measuring cup), whisk the yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until smooth.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the melted butter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a 1/3-cup measuring cup, and use it to portion out the batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake until golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs on it, about 24 to 28 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes, and then flip them out onto a wire rack. Let them cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- I make these with all whole-wheat flour or half whole-wheat and half white often, and they turn out perfect. I recommend trying it!
- To prevent frozen blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffin and discoloring the batter, toss the frozen berries in 1 tablespoon of flour before folding them in the batter.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry lemon muffins, blueberry lemon muffin recipe, muffin recipe, homemade muffins, healthy blueberry lemon muffins, blueberry muffin recipe, lemon muffin recipe, healthy blueberry muffins, easy blueberry muffins
Want To Save This Recipe?
More Easy Muffin Recipes You Might Like
- Homemade Cornbread Muffins
- One Bowl Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pineapple Zucchini Muffins
- Easy & Healthy Banana Muffins Made in the Blender
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Maple Sweetened Healthy Banana Muffins (with or without chocolate chips)
- Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Cheddar Bacon Corn Muffins
- Morning Glory Muffins