on Feb 16, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Blondies are like brownie’s fun cousin! A perfectly textured cookie bar with a soft middle and edges that are the best kind of crispy. Winning combo!
Blondies are a favorite around these parts. They are delicious and really easy to make. They travel well so they are a fun dessert to bring to a party or a picnic.
This is a great dessert recipe to have in your back pocket. You can mix them up in about 5 minutes and they taste so good. Blondies are great for any occasion. Take them to a potluck, game day, or just a fun after dinner treat.
Blondies are made with chopped pecans, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. They are rich, chewy, and easier to make than cookies.
These cookie bars are a fun change from the typical brownie. I love eating them fresh out of the oven but they also freeze like a dream too.
What else can I add to Blondies?
Blondies are really versatile and you can add lots of different things. Some ideas are adding M&Ms, butterscotch or peanut butter chips, or chopped up candy bars.
How do you know when blondies are done?
Watch blondies closely because if you bake them too long they will be dry and not as soft. You can insert a toothpick in the center of the pan to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done. They will also start pulling away from the sides of the pan when they are close to done.
What is the difference between a brownie and a Blondie?
They are really similar in ingredients. However, brownies use chocolate and white sugar as the base and blondies are vanilla in flavor and use brown sugar. I think of Blondies like a really good chocolate chip cookie bar.
More cookie bar recipes:
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Cheater Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Lemon Bars
- Homemade Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter,, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans,, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350℉.
- Lay 2 sheets of aluminum foil perpendicular to each other in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan, and push foil into the corners and sides of the pan, with extra foil hanging over the edges of the pan. Grease foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a second bowl, whisk sugar and melted butter together until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk.
- Fold in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in pecans, semisweet chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking, until the top is shiny and cracked and feels firm to the touch.
- Let blondies cool completely. Using foil overhang, lift blondies from the pan. Cut into bars and serve.
You are going to love this fun blondies recipe. They are chewy, delicious, and easy to make for a special occasion or just on a Tuesday!