This is a sweet and simple flavor combo that is a favorite of everyone.
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I like this brand of unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Additional shredded coconut for rolling
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick “dough” starts to form, about 3-5 minutes of processing. If the ingredients are chopped into super small pieces but the dough isn’t coming together, try adding a teaspoon of water at a time (up to a tablespoon or two) to encourage everything to come together.
- When the ingredients are well incorporated, remove the blade from the food processor. Take 1 large tablespoon of the “dough” and roll it into a ball in between your hands. Roll the ball in additional shredded coconut. Repeat with remaining dough. I keep the balls in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer much longer.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Snack
Nutrition Information: YIELD: 10 SERVING SIZE: 1 Bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212.1 Fat: 16.7g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 50.9mg Carbohydrates: 14.3g Sugars: 9.7g Protein: 3.6g Vitamin A: 1µg Vitamin C: 2mg
Keywords: homemade energy bites, healthy energy ball