The best creamy slow cooker white chicken chili on the block. This recipe is super easy to make, cooks by itself, and is a chili cook off winner!
We love all things chili in the fall and winter and this creamy slow cooker white chicken chili is probably one of my family’s all-time favorite soups or stews. It’s creamy, packed with veggies and beans, so easy to make, and budget-friendly for feeding a crowd of people (one pound of meat can feed a family twice when you make this recipe!). Plus, this slow cooker white chicken chili is a chili cook-off winner; yes I’m tooting my own horn. It’s a simple recipe that you will make over and over again.
Slow cooker recipes are a life-saver aren’t they? We are SO close to moving into our house (still maybe 8-12 weeks out but when you’ve been working on it for almost two years that sounds really close). So we spend a lot of evenings over there working – a DIY house build is no joke and takes a ton of time. I have really relied on my slow cooker to make dinner happen so many nights. It’s awesome because it works away while I’m working, too.
Tips and Tricks for Making Creamy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- You can use just about any boneless skinless chicken that you have. Breast, tenders, and thighs all work. If you love chicken, feel free to double the amount but I don’t think you’ll need to.
- This white chicken chili is great with a side of cornbread muffins, healthy pumpkin muffins, or sweet potato biscuits. I also love it with my favorite fall salad.
- If you are taking this chili to a chili cook-off, I’d recommend investing in a slow cooker with a clamp-on lid. After losing a whole slow cooker of meatballs on the way to a party in the back of my suburban a few years ago, I’ll never go back.
- I’m positive you could make this recipe in the Instant Pot. Anyone know how long to cook it on what settings? I need to get one…
Craving more? Subscribe to Bless this Mess to get new recipes, meal plans, and a newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment, pin it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #blessthismesseats on Instagram. I love to see your kitchen skills in action!Print
Creamy Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
The best creamy slow cooker white chicken chili on the block. This recipes is super easy to make, cooks by itself, and is a chili cook off winner!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 16
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thighs work great)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can butter beans (14 ounce)
- 2 cans great Northern beans (14 ounce)
- 1 can corn (or 2 cups frozen)
- 2 cans diced green chilis
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), at room temperature
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a large slow cooker, place the chicken, diced onion, beans, corn, green chilis, seasonings, and chicken broth. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until the chicken is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- When the chicken is cooked through and tender, remove it from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1 inch cubes and add them to the slow cooker. Stir to combine until the cream cheese melts.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste, adding more salt, pepper, and cumin as needed.
- Serve warm right away and store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can add a half cup of chopped cilantro when you add the cream cheese if you’d like – it’s great in it.
- We LOVE butter beans (they are super big and creamy), but if you can’t find them, just add another can of great northern beans.
How easy is that? And it’s so very good. I promise your whole family will love this soup.
Looking for more easy slow cooker recipes? I have a bunch! Our favorites include these chicken legs cooked in the slow cooker (only 5 ingredients!), honey teriyaki meatballs (great for a party or served with a side of baked potatoes and steamed veggies for dinner), slow cooker refried beans, carnita meat, and veggie lasagna also top my list.
Have a great day friends and happy slow cooking from my kitchen to yours.