on Apr 07, 2021, Updated May 11, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ravioli Lasagna is just the meal you need for busy nights. It’s fast, kid approved, and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen.
Everyone needs a good list of tried and true recipes that are fast to whip up and that everyone will love. Ravioli lasagna is at the top of that list. You literally only need 3 ingredients to make this super easy meal.
This dish gives you all the flavors of homemade lasagna with a fraction of the work. You can prep this dish in under 10 minutes. For this simple meal you only need frozen ravioli, canned sauce, and cheese. That’s it!
Ravioli lasagna is a favorite on nights that are pure craziness or when I’m not in the mood to cook something that requires a bunch of effort. You don’t even need to boil the frozen ravioli. Just toss it in a pan, add canned sauce, sprinkle with cheese and pop it in the oven.
Can I use fresh ravioli instead of frozen?
Using fresh or frozen ravioli works. If you use fresh it might be done a few minutes earlier. Watch for the cheese to be melted on top and the sauce to be bubbling around the edge to indicate everything is hot.
How do I layer ravioli lasagna?
I always start by putting a layer of sauce in the bottom of the pan first. This will prevent anything from sticking to the bottom of the pan and keeps the ravioli moist. Then add the frozen ravioli and more sauce and finish with cheese.
Can I make ravioli lasagna in advance?
Ravioli lasagna comes together in just a few minutes so I usually just make it the day of. However, you can make this recipe a few days in advance if you need to. Just refrigerate the lasagna until you are ready to bake. If you are using frozen ravioli it will thaw in the fridge so adjust your cooking time by 10-15 minutes.
What goes well with ravioli lasagna?
I love to serve ravioli lasagna with a side of French bread and a simple green salad. Delicious and filling!
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? This recipe comes from my cookbook, Family Dinner Made Easy! Get more easy recipes with shopping lists all in one digital or HARDCOVER book!
- 2 24- ounce jars marinara pasta sauce
- 2 30- ounce bags frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,, grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese,, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves,, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of a jar of marinara sauce evenly across the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Add 1 package of ravioli in an even layer over the sauce.
- Add the second half of the jar of marinara.
- Add the second bag of ravioli in an even layer over the sauce.
- Add a full jar of marinara over the ravioli.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and then sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, sprayed side down (so that the cheese doesn’t stick to the foil).
- Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove pan from oven let sit for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with basil, if desired. Serve warm.
- You don’t have to thaw or cook the ravioli first; just put it in the pan frozen.
- You can use your favorite ravioli here. There’s a great 4-cheese and a spinach cheese ravioli that I like, and all of them are great in this recipe.
- I’m pretty picky about my jarred marinara sauce, and Rao’s Homemade (though pricier) is my favorite. I try to stock up when I see it on sale.
I highly recommend that you grab the 3 ingredients you need to make Ravioli Lasagna at the store this week. You will love the ease and cheesiness factor of this meal. It is such a lifesaver and is a family favorite on busy nights!