There are a few desserts that I make over and over again. Homemade vanilla ice cream (a recipe I can’t believe I’ve never shared!), chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and these oatmeal cookies with cinnamon chips! These are tried and true and oh so good!
The cookie is soft with just a little crisp around the edges and those cinnamon chips are really delicious. You can find them near the chocolate chips in the baking aisle. We like them a lot better than the butterscotch chips because they aren’t quiet as prominent of a flavor while still adding a lot to the cookie.
After school snacking will be here before you know it… these would be perfect!
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups cinnamon chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Add the butter and the brown sugar to the bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, around 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for another minute. Add the flour, sprinkle on the baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the oats and combine. The mixture will be a little tacky, but you should be able to roll it into a ball in your hands without making a total mess. If it is too sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until the mixture can be handled. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Roll the dough into 1 to 1.5 inch balls, using your hands and place the balls on the prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Use a fork to slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes until the edges begin to brown and the centers are set. Transfer to a wire rack and let them cool completely.
And if you liked this oatmeal cookie recipe you might also like these:
Peanut Butter Cup Brownies from Texan Erin Baking
Irish Butter and Oat Shortbread Cookies for St. Patrick’s Day from Cafe Johnsonia
Thin Mint S’mores by Crazy for Crust
Now you should have some awesome sweet inspiration for this week. Enjoy!