Delicious Mini Baked Corn Dogs are the perfect easy lunch or dinner for your busy weeks. Your kids will love these cute little corn dog bites! Made with cornbread mix, hot dogs, and mini muffin tins, they are such a simple and tasty dish that you can count on when you need a quick meal for the family!
Looking for another easy hot dog recipe? Try my cute Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs!
Easy Mini Corn Dog Dinner Recipe
No time to cook dinner? Fret not! These wickedly delicious (and seriously cute) mini corn dog bites are a perfect quick meal to throw together that the whole family will happily devour. First time I whipped up a batch, I was actually surprised how much I liked them considering I don't love hot dogs.
But these are a little sweet, a little salty, and just the right size to pop in your mouth. The kids loved them, they were super simple to make, and they were a fun venture from our normal lunch or dinner.
We have a fall party most years, and this is such a great dish to add to the menu this time of year. They'll go perfectly with a hot bowl of chili and some homemade root beer.
How Long Do You Bake Mini Corn Dogs?
Bake these for 8 to 10 minutes in a 400 degree F. oven, until the edges are golden-brown and the corn muffin is cooked through. (You can test it by poking it with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, they're done.)
How Do You Cook Corn Dogs in the Oven?
Corn dogs aren't just hot dogs covered with fried batter on a stick! These mini corn dog bites can be cooked in the oven, using a mini muffin tin, cornbread mix, and cut up hot dogs. They're a little healthier since they're not fried, and they're the perfect size for all ages to enjoy!
How Long Do Mini Baked Corn Dogs Last?
You can store leftovers in a sealed baggie or airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days, or in the freezer for 3 months. Reheat them on a cookie sheet in a 350 degree F. oven until they're heated through, about 6 minutes.
You can find my traditional fried homemade corndog recipe here.Print
Quick, simple, and delicious mini baked corn dogs are the perfect easy lunch or dinner for your busy weeks. Your kids will love these cute little corn dog bites!
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix (8.5 ounce box)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hot dogs, cut into 6 pieces each
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease mini muffin tins, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the Jiffy mix, egg, milk, and spices. Whisk until completely combined.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of the cornbread batter into each muffin cup, and then gently press a piece of hot dog into the middle of each muffin.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are golden-brown and the corn muffin is cooked through.
- Let the mini corn dogs rest in the pan a few minutes before removing.
- The Jiffy corn bread mix was surprisingly sweet. I like a sweet and salty combo, so I enjoyed it. If you like your cornbread or corn dogs less sweet, then you might want to try a different brand of corn bread mix.
- Hebrew National are out favorite brand of hot dogs. They have so much flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade corn dogs, corn dog bites, appetizer quick and easy, quick appetizer recipes, easy snack idea, easy corn dogs, how to make corn dogs, corn dog recipe
More of My Favorite Easy Dinner Recipes:
- Skillet Taco Pasta made with ground beef
- Easy Korean Ground Beef and Rice
- Homemade Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Cornbread Waffles with Chili; 15 Minute Dinner
- 20 Minute Easy Cheesy Pizza Sticks
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Macaroni and Cheese
- Quick and Easy Lentil Tacos
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizzas
This recipe was originally published in 2017, and has been updated and rephotographed in October 2019.
Mini baked corn dogs are a winner recipe because they're foolproof to throw together and they taste delicious for a quick and easy dinner or app!