Electronic things haven’t been kind to me the last few weeks. My computer died weeks ago and just when I thought it was fixed today it’s dead again, and now I can’t get my camera to show up on my old laptop when plug it in to get the pictures off (!!!!). So while I’m trying to get a handle on my technology Emily from One Lovely Life is here to save the day with a delicious chocolate ice cream recipe that you don’t even need an ice cream machine to make. Sounds like the perfect recipes for the middle of July if you ask me.
Thanks so much for stopping in and wish me luck on the home front.
Take it away Emily!
Hello Bless This Mess readers! I’m excited to share another favorite recipe with you today.
Today, I’m sharing a homemade ice cream recipe that doesn’t need a machine. It’s rich, fudge-y, and delicious. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned ice cream maker, this is simple enough to put together and tastes like eating a gorgeous truffle. You’re going to love it!
No Machine Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
One of our favorite summer treats is homemade ice cream. When I was growing up and visiting my grandparents, my grandma made Tang ice cream. I thought it was the best ice cream I’d ever eaten. Since our Tang days, we’ve added lots of amazing family members and tried lots of new recipes. Now when we visit, we could be eating anything from a good vanilla to a grapefruit rosemary concoction, (courtesy of my INCREDIBLY talented Uncle Sam).
As much as I love carrying on the homemade ice cream tradition, not everyone has an ice cream maker. Aaaaaaand sometimes, I forget to chill our ice cream maker bowl.
So. Today, I’m sharing a homemade ice cream recipe that doesn’t need a machine. It’s rich, fudge-y, and delicious. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned ice cream maker, this is simple enough to put together and tastes like eating a gorgeous truffle. You’re going to love it!
How long does is take for homemade ice cream to freeze?
It usually takes 3-4 hours to freeze. You’ll want to freeze until it is firm enough to scoop. You can also make the day before and freeze overnight.
How do you soften ice cream?
I like to remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before scooping. A little goes a long way!Print
This ice cream is rich, fudge-y, and delicious. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned ice cream maker, this is simple enough to put together and tastes like eating a gorgeous truffle.
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips are fine)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted to avoid lumps
- 5 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, cream, and whole milk over medium heat. Whisking often, bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Immediately, stir in chocolate and cocoa powder and whisk until very smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, then pour into chocolate mixture.
- Return saucepan to medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring almost constantly, until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, almond extract, and salt.
- Pour mixture into a glass or metal bowl. Let cool about 5 minutes before covering with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled, several hours or overnight. Mixture will be very thick.
- To freeze, transfer chilled chocolate mixture into an airtight container. Press plastic wrap onto the surface, then seal with a lid. Freeze several hours until firm enough to scoop (this should only take about 2 hours, but you can do it up to a day before serving).
- Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before scooping. A little goes a long way!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 518
- Sugar: 61.7g
- Fat: 25.3g
- Carbohydrates: 67g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
Keywords: Ice cream, Homemade, No machine, Dessert, How to make homemade icecream, Chocolate
Want To Save This Recipe?
If this No Machine Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream recipe looked good, you might also like these:
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream
- Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- Homemade Cake Batter Ice Cream
I can’t wait for you to try this No Machine Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream. It is sure to be a crowd favorite.