Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
on Jan 26, 2022, Updated Jan 08, 2024
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Dinner just got easier with this tender, sweet and sticky Honey Sesame Chicken made in the Instant Pot.
I’m a huge advocate (obviously) of making meals and eating together in the home. So many great conversations have happened at our dinner table. However, I know dinner takes effort and planning. So, when I can whip something up as good as honey sesame chicken in just a few minutes, I celebrate! This one pot meal is quick, easy, and tastes incredible.
Honey Sesame Chicken in the Instant Pot
You won’t believe it when I say it-but this recipe for honey sesame chicken has a FOUR minute cook time. Game changer for busy nights when you need to get dinner on the table quick.
The beauty of the Instant Pot is that you get tender chicken in a matter of minutes. The sticky honey sesame sauce is a breeze to make and gives the chicken such a great flavor. This meal was a huge hit for the whole family.
What is the best cut of chicken to use for honey sesame chicken?
I used boneless skinless chicken breasts but this would also be really great using boneless skinless chicken thighs.
What is a good cooking oil to use?
There are a lot of great oils out there, including: avocado oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, or vegetable oil. Use what you have in your kitchen.
How do I store Honey Sesame Chicken?
You will want to store the chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate. The chicken will stay good for 3-4 days in the fridge or you can freeze it for 3-4 months.
What can I serve with Honey Sesame Chicken?
I like to serve this chicken over rice since it will be pretty saucy. It would taste great over noodles too. You can add steamed broccoli, carrots, green beans, or a green salad for a side dish and you have a complete and balanced meal.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Street Tacos
- Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings Soup
- General Tso’s Chicken Recipe
- Orange Chicken with Stir-Fry Veggies
- Stove Top Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Piccata
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.
Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes, about 2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sesame seeds, optional garnish
- Chopped green onions, optional garnish
- Set the instant pot to the sauté mode.
- Working in batches, sauté the chicken in the instant pot with the cooking oil. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until chicken browns. You do not want the chicken to cook all the way through.
- Add in the honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and ground ginger.
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high for 4 minutes. Once done cooking, do a quick release and carefully open the lid after all the pressure has released.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch together with the water.
- Turn the instant pot to the sauté mode again and add in the cornstarch mixture. Sauté until sauce thickens up, about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and serve with sesame seeds and chopped green onions as a garnish. You can serve it with a side of cooked rice.
- This is a great dish to add sautéed vegetables too. We love it with cooked broccoli.
- Store the chicken in an airtight container and refrigerate. The chicken will stay good for 3-4 days in the fridge or you can freeze it for 3-4 months.