These Easy Homemade Snack Bars are healthy and taste amazing! They taste like Almond Joy bars and are perfect for school lunches or afternoon snacking.
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 3/4 cup raw cashews or almonds
- 1/4 cup nut butter (I used natural peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Toss everything into a food processor and process until the mixture starts to go smooth and clump into a ball. The dates will be all chopped up but you'll still have bits of nut.
- Turn the mixture out into an 8 or 9 inch square dish lined with parchment paper. Use your hands to firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the pan and cut into pieces using a sharp knife.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Enjoy these bars cold or frozen.
- I think a high power blender could be used to make these, but I haven't tried it myself.
- If your dates are very dry or starting to turn a little white (happens when they dry out) let them soak in warm water for 10 minutes before using, strain well and then use.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade snack bars, healthy snack bars recipe, lara bars recipe, healthy school snacks, after school snacks, healthy snack ideas