Rise and shine, it's breakfast time! If you're looking for a delightful way to start your day, then look no further than a delicious Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole. Packed with mouthwatering ingredients, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
This awesome hash brown breakfast casserole combines frozen hash browns, yummy bacon, cheesy cheddar, and tasty bell peppers! And guess what? It's all held together by the creamy goodness of eggs. It's a breakfast delight that will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Hash Brown breakfast casserole is incredibly convenient to make, especially if you have frozen hash browns on hand. It's a one-dish meal that can be prepared ahead of time and baked in the morning, making it perfect for busy mornings or when hosting brunch for a group.
I love the leftovers that you glean from this dish. This casserole tastes just as delicious when reheated. It can be enjoyed for breakfast on subsequent days, making it a practical option that saves time and effort.
- Frozen hash browns
- Cheddar cheese
- Red bell pepper
- Garlic powder
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine thawed hash browns, diced bell peppers, eggs, milk, salt, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Top the casserole with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, then add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! This casserole can be assembled the night before and refrigerated overnight. Simply follow the instructions until step 5, cover the baking dish with plastic wrap or foil, and refrigerate. In the morning, preheat the oven, remove the plastic wrap or foil, and bake as directed. This makes it perfect for busy mornings or when you want to have a hassle-free breakfast ready to go.
Yes, you can use fresh shredded hash browns if you prefer. Just make sure they are well-drained to avoid excess moisture in the casserole. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly since fresh hash browns might cook faster than frozen ones.
You can add extra vegetables to the casserole to enhance the flavor and nutritional value. Popular choices include diced onions, sliced mushrooms, spinach, or even jalapeños for a spicy kick. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
You bet you can freeze the leftover casserole. Allow it to cool completely and place them in freezer-safe container. To reheat, simply thaw the portions overnight in the refrigerator and bake in the oven until heated through.
- Easy Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Breakfast Biscuit Sandwiches for a Crowd
- Easy Egg and Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Bacon and Cheese Egg Bake
If you’ve tried this Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
- 30 ounces frozen hash browns potatoes, thawed shredded frozen potatoes
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the thawed hash browns and diced bell peppers. Mix well to evenly distribute the bell peppers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and garlic powder.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash brown mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly. Top the casserole with the cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!
- In addition to or instead of using bacon, you can also use cooked ham or cooked sausage.
- You can store your leftover breakfast casserole in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Reheat your leftover casserole in the fridge for about 1-1.5 minutes.
- It is important to use thawed hash browns in this recipe. This allows the casserole to cook quicker and more evenly.
- You can use mild, medium, or sharp cheddar cheese in this recipe. You can also use Colby jack or pepper jack.
- Whisking the eggs with the milk helps distribute the eggs all throughout the hashbrowns.
The hash brown breakfast casserole is loved for its flavorful combination, convenience, versatility, and ability to bring people together. With its delicious taste, easy preparation, and customizable ingredients, it's a satisfying meal for breakfast or brunch. Whether you're looking for a comforting dish or a crowd-pleaser, this casserole is sure to impress.