- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x9 inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray the foil or parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the butter and brown sugar and beat until well combine, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the almond flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and stir until combine.
- Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 to sprinkle on the top. Stir to combine.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the dough in the pan and gently press them down.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. The cookie bars with be slightly puffy and golden brown on top.
- Let the cookie bars cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before using the foil or parchment to help remove the chocolate chip cookies bars from the pan.
- Place the bars on a cutting board and cut into 16 even pieces.
- Enjoy warm, at room temperature, or even frozen.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- You'll be shocked how traditional these cookies bars are in taste and texture. I made them a few times to get things just right and I had lots of people sample them. Not one person guessed they were gluten free.
- You can sub arrow root powder for the cornstarch if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free chocolate chip cookie bars, chocolate chip cookies bars, how to make gluten free dessert, almond flour dessert, almond flour recipe, almond flour chocolate chip cookies, almond flour chocolate chip cookie bars, chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies