I know you have tried rice crispy treats but have you heard of Fruity Pebbles Treats?! This recipe is easy, and no oven required plus they taste amazing!
I am HERE for a good rice crispy treat remix. Fruity pebble treats combine one of my favorite cereals with a classic dessert. Using Fruity Pebbles cereal kicks up the flavor in such a good way.
Fruity Pebbles Treats
Fruity pebbles treats are the fun, exciting cousin to rice crispy treats. They are bursting with flavor, yet still have that delicious, gooey marshmallow goodness we all know and love.
They are bright and colorful making these treats perfect for a birthday party or an afternoon pick-me-up.
This dessert is so simple to make. You only need 3 ingredients: butter, Fruity Pebbles cereal, and marshmallows. This is the perfect treat for your budding chef to make. Easy to whip up and you don’t even need to turn on the oven.
What size marshmallows should I used when making fruity pebble treats?
I like to use mini marshmallows. If you only have large ones- they will work but using mini marshmallows helps to spread out the flavor more.
How do I prevent fruit pebbles treats from sticking to the pan?
Working with marshmallows is super sticky. I like to spray everything down with non-stick cooking spray. This includes spraying the pan, spatula, mixing bowl, and my hands!
Can you freeze Fruity Pebbles Treats?
Fruity pebbles treats store really well. If you are wanting to freeze a batch for later, just make sure they are completely cooled and stored in an airtight container before placing in the freezer.
Why are my fruity pebbles treats hard?
This could be caused by a couple of culprits. 1. Make sure to use fresh marshmallows to optimize freshness and prevent hard treats. 2. Melt the marshmallows and butter on low heat. If you are melting at a rapid pace, they have the tendency to turn too hard.
More Easy No Bake Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats
- How to Make Classic Rice Crispy Treats
- No-Bake Scotcheroos
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- No Bake Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars
- Oven Smores
If you’ve tried this easy Fruity Pebbles Treat recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.Print
Here's how to make a quick no-bake dessert using Fruity Pebbles cereal, marshmallows, and butter, and it's all done in just a few minutes!
- 8 tablespoons butter (½ cup or 1 stick)
- 16 ounces mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups Fruit Pebbles crispy cereal
- Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan by greasing it well with butter.
- In a large pan on the stove, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low; add all of the marshmallows EXCEPT for 1 cup.
- Stir constantly, until the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the Fruit Pebble crispy cereal and the remaining one cup of mini mallows, and stir to combine well, making sure there are no dry pockets of cereal.
- Add the cereal to the prepared pan, and use a spatula to spread it out to an even layer, taking care not to press or smash it down. If a spatula isn’t cutting it, get your hands lightly damp, and gently press out the cereal. A buttered bottom of a measuring cup also works well.
- Let the rice crispy treats cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Keys to avoiding hard rice crispy treats: Cook your mallows at a low temperature, use fresh marshmallows, don’t press things too hard into the pan, and use lots of butter (I use more than double what the “on the box” recipe calls for, and it’s delightful).
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruity rice crispy treats, fruity pebbles treats, fruity pebble treats recipe, rice crispy treat recipe
There is never a bad time to enjoy this fun twist on the classic rice krispy recipe. Fruity pebble treats are colorful, fruity, and such a fun dessert to make.