French Bread Pizza
on Aug 16, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
French Bread Pizza is the easiest homemade pizza out there and it only takes 15 minutes to make. Forget about making pizza dough-the French bread is the crust!
This pizza is super kid friendly but adults will devour it too. It makes the perfect quick and easy meal, game day food, or a party snack.
French Bread Pizzas
You will never believe how easy it is to whip this pizza up. You just grab store bought French bread and then cut it in half lengthwise. Then you will place the bread in the oven for a few minutes to get it crispy. Finally, add all of your favorite pizza toppings and enjoy!
French bread pizza is totally customizable to your individual pizza preferences. My kids love when they can pick their own toppings and I love it because everyone is happy-no fights or comprises.
Will a crusty baguette work for French bread pizza?
To make French bread pizza you will want to buy a soft loaf of French bread. Baguettes tend to be too crispy for making pizza.
How to I avoid the French bread getting soggy?
No one likes soggy pizza. My tip to avoid this is to spread butter on the French bread and bake for a few minutes. This will get the top lightly crispy so you can avoid all sogginess. Don’t miss this step!
What are the best pizza toppings?
This is all a matter of personal opinion but here are some of the most popular pizza toppings out there. Pepperoni, chicken, sausage, mushrooms, olives, peppers, onions, artichokes, ham, and pineapple.
More Pizza Recipes
- Easy Skillet Pizza
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- Same Day Sourdough Pizza Crust
- Perfect Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
If you’ve tried this French Bread Pizza recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.
French Bread Pizza
- 1 large loaf French bread
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- your favorite pizza toppings
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice the French bread in half so that it’s split from end to end and you have two long pieces.
- Place the pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet with the cut sides up.
- Put in the hot oven for 5 minutes to lightly toast the bread (this help the bread to not get soggy once you add the sauce).
- Remove from the oven and top both sides with 1/2 cup pizza sauce and 1 cup shredded cheese. Add any additional toppings you would like.
- Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest for 3 minutes. Slice into 2 inch wide pieces and serve hot.
- This recipe is so flexible! Use what topping you like or have on hand.
Even more pizza recipes:
- Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
- Homemade Veggie Pizza
- Easy Margherita Pizza Recipe
- Homemade Bacon Pizza with Herbs
- Easy Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
- Easy Cinnamon Sticks made from Pizza Dough
- Amazing No-Knead Refrigerator Pizza Dough
- Homemade Supreme Pizza Recipe
- Supreme Pizza Stuffed Zucchini
- Easy Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Fruit Pizza Sugar Cookies
Homemade French Bread Pizza is quick, easy, and ready in 15 minutes. This will be your new go to for pizza at home that everyone will enjoy.