I’ve been so excited to post this recipe but it’s been so hard to name! What on earth do you call these cookies?! I settled on Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies with M&M’s. They are delicious regardless of what you want to call them.
Chocolate Cookies with M&Ms
These are my husband’s very favorite cookies. His mom has been making them for him for ages and this is her recipe. I’d never had a homemade version of this cookie until after we got married… sure I’d had the Subway Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies, but these are so different and more delicious than those! Isn’t it funny how some things are “normal” recipes to people and they are completely new and novel to others. Where do you stand? Do you make these cookies at home? Well, if you don’t that’s about to change because they are so easy and so tasty. Plus it’s fun to take a little break from your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.
For some reason these cookies remind me of fall, and I thought I’d play on that by adding the more “fall-colored” M&M’s. If you don’t have or don’t want the candies in the cookies just sub them out for more white chocolate chips. And I just picked through the bag of M&M’s to get the colors I wanted just so you know.. nothing fancy there.
How can I tell when chocolate cookies are done?
It’s a little hard to tell when these dark cookies are done, so I recommending setting a timer so you don’t burn the cookies.
Do cookies freeze well?
I freeze cookies all the time. I make a big batch and save the extra for school lunches or a quick dessert. Make sure they are stored in an airtight container and you are good to go.
The perfect fall cookies complete with chocolate, M&Ms and white chocolate chips.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&M’s
- Additional chips and M&M’s to make things pretty, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat to combine well. Add the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the white chocolate chips and the M&M’s.
- Scoop on to the sheet in rounded 1 tablespoon scoops. If you’d like a few more M&M’s and white chips to be seen, poke them on the top of the cookie dough ball by hand. This isn’t necessary but it makes them prettier. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until the centers are set. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 2 or 3 minutes and then let them finish cooling on a wire rack. Enjoy!
It’s a little hard to tell when these dark cookies are done, so set a timer!
Store left-overs in an air-tight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 14.6g
- Sodium: 65.3mg
- Fat: 8.5g
- Carbohydrates: 21.7g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 25.8mg
Keywords: Fall baking, Chocolate cookies, M&M cookies, white chocolate, fall cookies, party food
Want To Save This Recipe?
Craving a cookie? Try these favorites:
- Halloween Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Spritz Cookies
- Easy Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
- Giant M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Amazing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Soft and Puffy Greek Yogurt Sugar Cookies
- Perfect Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Super Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes 6 Cookies!)
I hope you enjoy these fall favorites of ours and have a great day!