This homemade graham cracker recipe is a perfect on-the-go snack for busy days, and they come together easily for stress-free snacking for the whole family! They taste delicious with new Horizon Organic® Growing Years™ milk for your little ones, too
Easy Homemade Graham Crackers
This post was created in partnership with Horizon Organic
My 4-year-old recently helped me make the most delicious and easiest-ever homemade graham crackers. They’re full of simple, nourishing ingredients and come together so fast for snacking made easy (even on the go!). Plus, they’re fun to make and a great project to help get your kids in the kitchen.
I love, love, love having homemade graham crackers on hand because it makes grabbing a homemade snack between meals super simple for my whole family. I like to give them to my kids after school or between activities for a tasty bite that can help them feel full. For my youngest one, I love serving up graham crackers with new Horizon Organic Growing Years milk for an even bigger boost!
Growing Years organic milk is made specifically with kids in mind, which you know I love. Horizon partnered with pediatricians to identify key nutrients that kiddos aged 1 to 5 need to help them grow big and strong. Every glass of Growing Years organic milk provides 50mg of DHA Omega-3 to help support brain health, a good source of choline to help transport DHA in the body, and prebiotics that are good for little bellies. Plus, it has calcium and high vitamin D for strong bones.
With 5 quickly growing kids, I love finding foods that I know I can trust to feed and help fuel them. Horizon Organic is one brand that I’ve been giving them for years, and it’s made my life a whole lot easier and allowed me to be more present knowing Horizon delivers wholesome nutrients in tasty dairy products I know my kids will love. Being a mama comes with many of its own hurdles and obstacles, but feeding your kids well shouldn’t be one of them. Horizon makes me feel good knowing they’re delivering nutrients my kids need.
Where can you get Horizon Organic Growing Years milk?
Horizon Organic Growing Years milk was created to deliver the nutrition kids need in great-tasting organic whole milk that they love. You can visit the store locator on Horizon.com to find your nearest retailer.
Why is Growing Years milk specifically for kids ages 1 to 5?
Horizon partnered with pediatricians to discover key ingredients kids ages 1 to 5 need, and Growing Years organic milk is made with DHA Omega-3, choline, prebiotics, and high vitamin D in each serving to help kids grow strong.
What is the Graham in graham cracker?
It’s graham flour! It’s a type of whole wheat flour that you can typically find in the baking aisle with other specialty flours. You can use traditional whole wheat flour or graham flour in this recipe. Just use what you have on hand.
Is graham flour the same as wheat flour?
Graham flour is a whole wheat flour, but it is not the same as traditional whole wheat flour.
Graham flour contains all three parts of the wheat berry — the germ, the endosperm and the bran. The endosperm is ground finely into a traditional-looking flour, while the germ and bran are ground coarsely. The three are then combined to give the flour its signature look with coarse flakes mixed into the ivory-colored flour.
Video of how to make homemade graham crackers:
This homemade graham cracker recipe is a perfect on-the-go snack and made with honey, whole wheat flour, and a just a few simple ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup organic butter, melted
- 1/3 cup organic sucanat (dehydrated cane juice), coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 2 to 2 1/4 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Horizon Organic Growing Years milk for serving
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl mix together the honey, water, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add your sweetener of choice and stir to combine well, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir to combine well. Add the additional 1/4 cup of flour as needed to make a tender dough that isn’t sticky but is about the consistency of pie crust.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 to 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutters or the top of a cup, place cut pieces on the prepared baking sheet. Gather the scraps, reroll the dough, and repeat with remaining dough.
- Prick the center of each graham cracker with a fork to prevent the dough from rising or swelling too much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool and then serve with Horizon Organic Growing Years milk.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days, in the fridge for up to 7 days, and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can sub out the butter for melted coconut oil if needed.
- Category: snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: graham crackers, homemade graham crackers, graham cracker recipe, healthy crackers for kids, healthy snacks for kids
Want To Save This Recipe?
Other easy snack recipes:
- Crunchy Oat and Honey Granola Bars
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bars (no bake)
- 8 No-Bake Oatmeal Energy Balls
- 9 Energy Bites Recipes Everyone Needs
- After School Snack Tray
- 10 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in Advance
- Easy After School Snacks for Busy Families
- Healthy Homemade Snack Bars Recipe
Homemade graham crackers are a perfect snack that are quick and easy to make for simple, on-the-go snacking for the whole family, especially paired with Horizon Organic Growing Years milk!