Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
on Jul 07, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Today, I want to share with you a yummy treat that combines two of my all-time favorite flavors: chocolate and banana. Chocolate Chip Banana Bread takes baking to a whole new level.
The combination of ripe bananas and chocolate chips creates a flavor that’s both sweet and indulgent. The natural sweetness of the bananas adds moisture and a delightful fruity taste, while the chocolate chips bring a rich and decadent element to the bread. It’s a match made in dessert heaven!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is incredibly versatile. It can be enjoyed at any time of the day, whether as a cozy breakfast, a satisfying snack, or a delightful dessert. It pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk, making it even more irresistible.
This recipe is a fantastic way to use up overripe bananas that might otherwise go to waste. Instead of tossing them, you can transform them into a delectable treat that everyone will enjoy. It’s a great example of turning simple, everyday ingredients into something extraordinary.
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Crack eggs into the butter mixture, mixing well after each addition. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Add mashed bananas to the batter and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Now, you’re ready to enjoy your scrumptious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
Frequently Asked Questions
While it’s best to use room temperature butter for creaming with the sugar, you can use melted butter as a substitute if needed. However, keep in mind that melted butter might affect the texture of the bread, resulting in a slightly denser final product. So, if possible, try to use room temperature butter for the best results.
Absolutely! One of the great things about banana bread is its versatility. You can add chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans for some added crunch and flavor.
If you have any leftovers (which might be rare because it’s so delicious!), you can store the bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To extend its shelf life, you can refrigerate it for up to a week. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature or warm it slightly before enjoying to enhance the flavors and maintain the moistness.
Banana bread freezes exceptionally well. Once it has cooled completely, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place it in a freezer-safe bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply thaw it at room temperature or gently warm it in the oven for a few minutes.
- Banana Bread Muffins
- The best banana bread recipe
- Healthy Banana Waffles Recipe
- Sourdough Banana Bread
If you’ve tried this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup butter,, at room temperature, salted or unsalted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas,, mashed
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the 1 ¾ cups of flour, 1 ¼ teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. This ensures that the raising agents and salt are evenly distributed throughout the flour.
- In a separate, larger bowl, cream together the ⅔ cup of sugar and ⅓ cup of room temperature butter. Use an electric mixer to beat them together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the butter mixture, mixing well after each addition. Beat the mixture until the eggs are thoroughly incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Overmixing can result in a denser bread.
- Add the mashed bananas to the batter and mix until they’re well distributed.
- Fold in the 1 cup of chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure your bananas are very ripe for this recipe – they should have lots of brown spots. Ripe bananas are sweeter and have a stronger banana flavor.
- If your butter is not at room temperature, you can soften it in the microwave on a low setting, being careful not to melt it.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the batter gently to avoid overmixing, which can result in a tougher bread.
- If you notice the bread is browning too quickly while baking, you can cover it loosely with aluminum foil for the remaining baking time.
- This banana bread is great for breakfast or a snack, and it keeps well. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or refrigerate for longer storage.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a delicious treat that brings together the comforting flavors of ripe bananas and gooey chocolate chips, creating a perfect blend of sweetness.