It’s that time of year when we all need something quick and easy in order to get dinner on the table. These classic Chicken Wraps are not only fast to whip up but they are a dinner that the whole family will love.
It’s been said that the end of the school year can rival the busyness of Christmas and I believe it! Everyone has so much going on; places to be, projects to finish, games to be played, recitals to preform and the list goes on and on. Thankfully, there are easy weeknight dinners for a family on the go. This recipe for chicken wraps will hit the spot at the end of a hectic day or for the beginning of a crazy night!
Chicken Wrap with Bacon and Ranch
I always have ingredients on hand for these chicken wraps because it is a meal that I can make in no time flat. This wrap is just like something you would order at a restaurant. It is full of bacon, lettuce, sliced chicken breast, cheese, tomatoes and ranch. The flavors hit just right!
Wraps make up the perfect weeknight meal or a delicious lunch. It is easy to get into a rut with sandwiches for lunch and this chicken wrap can mix it up a little bit. The bacon and ranch together are basically a match made in heaven.
Chicken wraps are easy to love because they double as an on-the-go dinner as well. Headed to a baseball game? Take a few extra minutes and make chicken wraps to eat at the game. We will be eating these all spring and summer and I’m not mad about it.
What do I use for the wrap?
You have lots of different options here. You can use a standard tortilla, pita bread or if you are looking for a lower carb option try a cauliflower wrap or you can use butter lettuce as the wrap.
What should I serve with chicken wraps?
So many things go great with classic chicken wraps. Pasta salad, a simple green salad, potato chips, fresh fruit or a fun fruit salad would all pair perfectly.
How do you keep wraps from falling apart?
Don’t you just hate when your wrap is loose and all of the fixings come spilling out?! Pro tip here: If you warm your tortilla or wrap for 10 seconds prior to filling, either on the stove or microwave, it will stay together much better.
Can you freeze chicken wraps?
Absolutely! Chicken wraps freeze great and reheat well too. If you are going to make and freeze for later I have found that wrapping them in foil keeps them the freshest. They should be good in your freezer for up to 3 months.
More easy chicken recipes:
- Easy Sesame Chicken
- Easy Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- Chicken Parmesan
- The Best Oven Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
If you’ve tried this easy homemade chicken wrap recipe or any other recipe on Bless this Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories AND add your photo to your comment so that other can see your creation.Print
Chicken wraps are a quick and easy dinner the whole family will love, and bonus, these have bacon and ranch in them too! These are inspired by one of our favorite diners.
- 6 strips thick-cut bacon
- 2 medium chicken breast (about ½ to ⅔ pound total)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 6 large "burrito size" flour tortillas
- 1.5 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing (store bought or homemade)
- Lay your bacon out on a rimmed baking sheet and place it in a 400 degree F oven (you can pop the bacon in while the oven if preheating, no issues there). Bake for about 15 minutes or until crisp. I have a whole article on baking bacon in the oven if you need more tips.
- While the bacon is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Remove your chicken from the packaging and season both sides of both pieces with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in the warm pan and then add your chicken. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes. Cook until the chicken reaches 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer at the thickest part.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Prepare your tortillas by heating them in the microwave for 30 seconds all together.
- When the bacon is done remove it from the pan and place it on some paper towels to absorb the grease, and then crumble it into smaller pieces (not tiny, just bite-sized)
- Slice the chicken into very thin slices against the grain.
- To assemble your chicken wraps, lay your tortillas out. Distribute the lettuce among the tortillas evenly.
- Add the cooked chicken, bacon, tomatoes, cheese, and a drizzle of ranch dressing to each tortilla.
- Wrap the chicken wraps by folding over one side, tucking both ends into the middle, and then folding in the second side.
- Slice in half and serve with additional ranch for dipping if you'd like.
- This is a great recipe to use precooked chicken if you have it. I'll often grill up extra chicken to use in this recipe so that I don't have to cook the chicken the day I'm making it. It makes for a really quick meal when the chicken (and bacon!) are already cooked.
- This is a cold wrap, you are just heating the tortillas a bit to make it easier to fold.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: main dish
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wrap, chicken wrap recipe. how to make a chicken recipe, chicken tortilla wrap, chicken wrap with bacon, chicken wrap with ranch
If you are looking for an easy, portable, flavor filled meal then look no further because Chicken Wraps will save the day. They are quick, filling and you will be glad you have this recipe tucked up your sleeve!