Craving some delicious and crispy chicken tenders without the guilt of deep-frying? Look no further than your trusty air fryer! Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are the perfect solution for those seeking a healthier alternative without sacrificing taste and texture.
One of the main reasons people rave about air fryer chicken tenders is their incredible ease of preparation. The process is straightforward and beginner-friendly. Plus, you get delicious results.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
While the air fryer heats up, you'll prepare the chicken tenders by seasoning them with your favorite blend of herbs and spices. Then, lightly coat the tenders with a thin layer of cooking spray or oil. Place the seasoned tenders in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook for about 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Voilà! Crispy, golden-brown chicken tenders are ready to be enjoyed. Easy peasy.
The magic of the air fryer lies in its ability to create a satisfyingly crispy exterior while keeping the interior of the chicken tender and juicy. The result is a perfect balance of textures that you will crave over and over again.
Have fun with this recipe! Make it spicy, make it kid-friendly or make it fancy by adding fresh grated Parmigiano cheese in the breadcrumbs, and top with fresh herbs. The options are truly endless.
- Chicken breasts
- Onion powder
- Lemon pepper
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmigiano cheese
Keep scrolling to find a full, printable recipe with a detailed ingredient list.
- Filet and cut chicken breasts into desired tender size.
- Combine salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, and lemon pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Pour breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in eggs, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Place coated chicken tenders in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Air fry at 375°F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Frozen chicken tenders can be cooked in the air fryer. Simply adjust the cooking time by adding a few extra minutes to ensure they are thoroughly cooked.
If you have leftovers, allow the chicken tenders to cool completely, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 375°F until heated through and crispy again.
There are so many good options for dipping sauces. You can dip tenders in ranch, buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, honey mustard-basically whatever you are in the mood for.
- Air Fryer Meatballs
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
If you’ve tried this Air Fryer Chicken Tenders recipe or any other recipe on Bless This Mess, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some pictures of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts trimmed and cut into chicken tender sizes. (you can also use already trimmed chicken tenders)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- Filet the chicken breasts in half and then cut them into the desired size for chicken tenders. Place on a plate or bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, smoked paprika, onion powder, and lemon pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken to cover every piece. Set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a second shallow bowl, pour the breadcrumbs.
- Take one piece of seasoned chicken and dip it into eggs. Roll to cover all sides. Shake the excess.
- Transfer the chicken to the breadcrumbs bowl. Coat the piece on all sides.
- Place on a plate.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 for every chicken piece you have.
- Place the coated chicken tenders in the air fryer in a single layer, leaving enough space in between each for allowing the air to circulate and cook evenly.
- *You may need to make multiple batches, keep the uncooked chicken in the refrigerator until ready to use. Once the first batch is cooked, I place them on a rack on a cookie sheet in a preheated oven (200 degrees F) while I cook the other pieces. I place them on a rack so the bottom doesn’t get soggy.
- Air Fry at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes, flipping the tenders halfway through
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Use leftovers: If you have any left, chopped in small pieces and add them to a salad, a wrap, make quesadillas, or top nachos.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Re-warm: Place back into the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3 to 4 minutes
- Have fun with the recipe: Make it spicy: Add some red pepper flakes to the breadcrumbs or a hint of chili pepper in the spices. Make it kid-friendly: Add some cheese to the breadcrumbs. Make it Deluxe: Add fresh grated Parmigiano cheese in the breadcrumbs, and top with fresh herbs.